my daughter routine

don't know what is a good schedule for my duaghter. What is your 6th month old doing? She sleeps all day and all night and i don't like that. What does your 6 month old child do and go to bed? please help me

MadeylnsMom

Asked by MadeylnsMom at 3:16 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You are welcome to join us at Common Sense Parenting group here on Cafemom to chit chat about these kinds of issues. :) We are a traditional parenting style group, but we love to see our babies happy, content, relaxed and esp. healthy. You can ask all kinds of questions and follow your childs progress along with us. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 3:36 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I am working on a schedule for our five month old. My plan is to start with a bed time ritual and work on things from there. So far we get jammies on and lotion at 7. he eats and is asleep between 7 30 and 8 00pm. He sleeps till about 11 or 12 then wakes up, nurses and goes back to sleep. he wakes between 3-4 he nurses and goes back to sleep. He wakes around 7 - 7 30 am we get up. He nurses I have breakfast. He plays until about 9 then takes a short nap in his swing about 30 minutes. He eats a bowl of cereal at 930-10 00. 11 he takes another short nap. He gets a bottle at noon, plays unitl 1 and then we cuddle up and he takes a long nap from around 1 to 3 or 4. he wakes up eats another bottle. plays, has more cereal then at 7 we start the bedtime routine again. It's not perfect and we are still pretty flexible on it but is starting to fall into place. Start with bed time that's my best advice! Good luck!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 3:41 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I don't believe in schedules. A routine is all you need.. Wake up, feed, bum change, visit.. Do some floor exercises, talk to each other.. Etc.. Maybe go for a walk in the afternoon or evening.. Before bed have some booby, have a bath, have some more booby and a visit.. Dance around a bit.. Have some more floor time, settle down for bed... (Bed time in our house gets a warning at 10pm, and then after Diego, and sometimes, if I can tell the kiddos aren't ready yet, after Franklin we header to bed.. Between 10:30-11pm most nights - if my kids aren't asleep in 20 minutes, then they're not ready for bed and need to burn more energy)

Take your cues from your child..

Worry less about what other moms do, and what time they do it at, and just listen to your child. You know your own child's interests and temperament better than anyone.
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 3:54 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Start setting her meal times at your meal times. The in between feedings and naps will kind of fall into place.

I let the boys kind of lead as far as bedtime, but when I noticed they tended to go around a certain time, I set that as bedtime.....
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 4:19 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• wake between 9-10
    naptime aroind 1130 or 1230 until 1 or 2
    play
    nap time 4-5 unyil 630-730
    play
    bath 800
    play
    bedtime between 9-10
    Hope this helped!
    coala

Answer by coala at 4:29 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Amari eats roughly every 3 hours starting at 8 am. Bedtime between 7-8:30. She takes a definite nap after her feed that happens between 10-11 and a maybe nap sometime in the afternoon. Play in between. Bath twice a week since weather is cold.
    blackwellqk

Answer by blackwellqk at 10:01 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Oh and she sleeps through the night so after that 5th feed, she is done for the day until the next morning at around 8
    blackwellqk

Answer by blackwellqk at 10:02 AM on Jan. 2, 2009