• In the Spotlight:

Similac Question

Similac Advance EarlyShield Would it be ok to start off with it in the hospital and keep her on it for a few weeks then switch to Similac Advance ? Do you think it will cause any issues? I plan on buying ready to feed 2 oz bottles for the hospital stay..

****I will delete any post that talks about beastfeeding,I dont want to and do not HAVE to and i dont need snobby moms on here telling me IM wrong.***

ryanlynn

Asked by ryanlynn at 3:26 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• In the hospital they put my son on similac advanced and i had to change him to isomil similac...because of him spitting up so much...i also had to do the same with my daughter...you would have to get the baby used to using one and then do half and half and just ween him to the other
    adams03

Answer by adams03 at 3:37 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• lolz you go girl!!! I am also tierd of ppl telling me the beastfeeding is better.
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 3:56 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• there should be no problem..my pediatrician says it is okay to switch around to find different things(like when my son had colic) just make sure it has the same iron amount..
    SaturnsFire

Answer by SaturnsFire at 4:10 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• It is okay to switch formulas when you are ready just make sure to do a litle weanning first.
    coala

Answer by coala at 4:22 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I also think it would be okay, if you are getting WIC then figure out what brand they give... if not, then similac is good, that's what we got with our first. It's nice to see someone stand up to those breast-feeding nazi's... ( yes, get offended, it's just a word... nothing hurtful intended) Ugh, anyways... good luck!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 5:37 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• usually the hospital provides formula while you are there and sometimes sends you home with a few of the 2 oz bottles
    darcibeisheim

Answer by darcibeisheim at 8:21 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• WIC here provides Similac But i dont know if they do the Early Shield..But i want to buy enough to get me threw the 1st month til i can get an appointment..Also I have tried breastfeeding..I never ever in my life wanna do it again.
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 11:19 PM on Jan. 1, 2009