What do you do/where do you go to have fun with your young kids?

I'm 23 with three kids, 3yrs., 18mos., and a newborn (yeah I know, baby machine). I know I'm really lucky to get to be a stay at home mom but at the same time life just kind of drags for me. We rarely go anywhere or do anything because we can't afford it. How do other SHM's fill the hours? What do you do at home with your kids to make things a little more fun? AND, when we do get a little money to go out we can never come up with where to go. Where do you take your kids for a fun day out?

kira_5105

Asked by kira_5105 at 3:40 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Try a park =] I would take a friend along if I were though.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 3:49 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• My kids are 3yrs and 2 yrs and they love to go to the swimming pool, the park and a bounce house. I am not a SAHM though...so I don't know how to fill all those hours of staying at home...just on my days off.
    alaskansglmom

Answer by alaskansglmom at 3:49 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I am 50 years old, we adopted our granddaughter last summer, she is now 4. At home we are always busy, playing pretend with dolls or whatever. Now, on my week-ends off, Brooke and I have a girls day out. We go to our favorite place to eat, have a nice meal and talk. Then it's off to go shopping, we have a great time, and hit quite a few stores. I love those days, they are very special to me and Brooke talks about them for days afterward. That is what is important to mer, making memories that she will remember.
    Lee679

Answer by Lee679 at 3:54 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I do so much with my kids when they are home. They love it so much at the house that when I say, okay, we're going here or there, they actually do not want to go. I always have some type of craft project for them to do. Kids love craft. We play with Play Doh. We play dressup. We color. We also learn here. Lots of learning going on here. My son can count to 100 and now I am teaching him how to tell time. The things that my kids love to do the most is help me cook in the kitchen, as they say. Whatever is easy that they can do to help me, I let them do. They love it. Me letting them help in the kitchen is the biggest deal of all. We make homemade pizza, and I let them do everything but make the dough, they roll it out, dress it up, then wait anxiously for it to cook. They are so proud of their little pizzas. All kinds of things that seem fun, do it. They will remember it forever.
    myscilyn

Answer by myscilyn at 5:30 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• The zoo is good, but not where you see all animals caged, the park, and just a walk to the shop or something.
    Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 6:08 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• im in the same boat and we are bored out of our minds my three all want my undivided attention and none of them have the same intrests
    sarababy321

Answer by sarababy321 at 1:32 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• *hugs* I think you should join one of these groups and ask these ladies. Playdates don't cost a thing usualy!

Colorado Springs Mommies708 members Group Owner: charmed_2381
    Military Moms and Wives in Colorado Springs53 members Group Owner: kcenglish1457
    Colorado Mommies1474 members Group Owner: babymissyq
    Emyann

Answer by Emyann at 6:11 AM on Jan. 4, 2009