well my daughter is 6 days away from 8 months she pulling up on things and crawling alot she has grew 2 teeth already but i cant seem to get her to enjoy her walker i thought since she was pushing up she would enjoy it but she dont like it how do i get her to take to the walker

moma08abreena

Asked by moma08abreena at 3:46 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• There is absolutely no reason to force your child into a walker- she will learn to walk on her own,when she is ready. 8 months is actually a little soon to expect a baby to walk.. In fact, physically, their legs are not quite strong enough to support their bodies.. This is why crawling to walking is encouraged (although not necessary)..
    Walkers do not teach children to bear weight on their legs.. They just sit and roll, pushing with their feet.. You'd be best to just take her cues and allow her the freedom to learn on her own.
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 3:49 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• If she doesn't enjoy being in it, then don't put her in it. She probably doesn't like it since she can't get it to go where she wants it to go - which she CAN do on her own hands and knees. I used a walker with my daughter and she loved it - until she began crawling. Then she wanted the freedom more than the walker.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:07 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• If she doesn't like it don't force it. Find something else she will like--like a walk behind toy of some sort.
    coala

Answer by coala at 4:18 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• My son sort of likes his walker, but he only stays in it for a minute or two, he can't really move it much. What he really loves is his jumparoo. He LOOOOVES it! I highly recommend them.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 4:28 PM on Jan. 1, 2009