what do i feed him?

my mom likes to take over, however, she insists on him eating baby food and having formula bottles! i tell her not to all the time and she still does it. i told her that my son gets MILK bottles and she says he doesnt like milk but he drinks it just for for me. when i give him toast and baby crackers and cookies and little finger foods she freaks out and puts them in mesh pockets or just takes them away cause she thinks hes going to choke! she second guesses everything my boyfriend and i do. ive tried to talk to her and she gets so defensive i end up upset and crying from it. idk what to do.

from when he wakes up at 8am to nap at 1pm-4pm then bed time at 930pm-what times should he eat and what types of food should he eat? please just tell me your baby's routine if anything else. please.

wisteriastars

Asked by wisteriastars at 4:12 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• He goes back down for a nap around 2 and when he wakes up has a snack, usually the gerber puffs. With a sippy cup of the juice. and for dinner eats what we eat, but if he can't he will usually have macaroni and cheese. We giv ehim a full sippy cup of milk w/ dinner. Next we bathe him. And around 7 we fill up a full sippy cup of milk and let him drink as much as he wants of it before he goes to bed, usually around 8. ( he no longer has a bottle) Then we brush his teeth and he's off to bed.
    ClvDandJ

Answer by ClvDandJ at 10:55 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Well my dd who is 13 months is still drinking formula, just in a cup(simulac Altrimun)(SP). She is allergic to the proteins in reg milk.

But hear is my daily routine with her,

She wakes up at 7am, gets formula in a cup 6oz. with graduates puffs, breafast has rice with stage 3 g morning food mixed with applesause, and cheerios.

Lunch is graduates heatables...with some fruit also with formula in a cup again

Dinner is gradutes dinners plus fruit

She gets 1/2 juice and 1/2 water in a cup all the rest of the day and puffs to much on.

I hope this helps you. Let me know
    jessduncan77

Answer by jessduncan77 at 4:21 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• How old is he?

Based on what you say he's eating, he needs formula for his nutrition, not milk. They shouldn't go to milk until they are eating a fairly balanced diet.

If he's around 6 months or so....yes, he can have finger/table foods now.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 4:32 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Based on the schedule, I'm going to guess he's about a year? (one nap)

Breakfast at breakfast time, lunch at lunch time.......etc...when you eat, he eats.

Ours were up earlier...so breakfast was about 7am. Lunch was around noon and supper around 5.

They had snacks mid morning and mid afternoon (this one was after their nap which was roughly 1-3) They went to bed around 8pm.

They were on all table foods (from 9 months on)....and on milk per our pediatrician.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 4:35 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• my son is almost 14 months old and he gets milk.

this is how are days are i am a working mom so he goes to my aunt house during the day when i am at work.

for brakefast he gets fruit or pancakes with milk

for lunch he has the little granduates lunches or he eat spaighett o's and gets juice

he gets milk when he naps

and then for dinner he eats what we are eatting if he can or he eats one of the little graduates dinner things and a sip cup with water or milk

and we been letting him have a bottle with milk in it before bed.

i hope this helps you let me know if this helped a little
    derekbaby2007

Answer by derekbaby2007 at 4:49 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• At that age my son was still getting breast milk only. Maybe a bit of water. What finger foods are you feeding? Depending on what they are, he may be okay. My son would get steamed broccoli, tofu chunks, sweet potato chunks, pasta, carrot chunks(he really loved his finger food at that age). I'd give him most any fruit or veggie steamed and soften for him to eat. He has never been a big meat eater but at that age tofu and legumes kept him going as far as proteins.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 6:05 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• My 13 month old is almost fully transitioned to milk. He has a texture aversion so we didn't do baby food for too long, he eats soft table food.
    Here is his schedule:
    7:30am wake up, gets a cup of milk
    8am breakfast scrambled egg, waffle, cheerios or toast and apple, pear or banana
    10:30am nap, cup of milk
    12-1pm lunch grilled cheese, turkey&cheese or jelly(homemade) sandwich with steamed carrot sticks, green pepper sticks, diced avacado or diced tomatoes, a little dressing to dip his veggies
    3pm cup of milk and snack gold fish, apple, slice of turkey or oatmeal cookie
    4pm nap
    7 supper chicken,fish or hamburger with steamed sweet potatoes, white potatoes, rice or noddles and some kind of veggie for desert yogurt and fruit or a cookie
    9 cup of milk and he goes to bed
    Philsgirl21

Answer by Philsgirl21 at 6:12 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• my son is 13 months

he wakes up between 7:30 and 8 and then has his breakfast about 15-30 min after he wakes up which consists of either, a waffle, a pancake, or 3 french toast sticks. And he drinks a full cup of cows milk with it. After he's done we brush his teeth

Goes down for a nap around 10 something(we might be eliminating this nap soon), wakes up and has lunch either when he wakes up or at 12. And has either chicken nuggets, or we make top ramen noodles and crush up the noodles before we cook it, and let it set after you've added the seasoning, and then whatever water isn't absorbed we drain. We serve him a full sippy cup of the "mots for tots" juice

ClvDandJ