Doctors are talking about putting a stint in?

has anyone had this procedure done and if so how long is the recovery period when you have it done?

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 8:54 AM on Sep. 18, 2011 in Health

• I've heard these are very helpful in heart disease ... not sure the recovery time - but it is a good procedure to have done -if needed!
    P.S. I'll give ya a bump!

Answer by isismoon3 at 9:34 AM on Sep. 18, 2011

• Where are they putting it, there are several places a stent can go.. Recovery is generally quick tho :)

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:58 AM on Sep. 18, 2011

• My dad had one put in after a heart attack, I don't think the recovery was very bad. I know he had it replaced a couple years later and I think it very quick, like out patient or maybe one night in the hospital. Good luck.

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 9:07 AM on Sep. 18, 2011

• MY dad had one in the artery to his heart. He was born with a small artery. It took about 3 hours and they went thru his groin area. He had to stay in the hospital for 5 days to be monitored because of where they went in and because of it's placement. The recovery was pretty uneventful but restricted activity and now he has to carry a note whenever he travels since it will set off any metal detector.

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:12 AM on Sep. 18, 2011

• As with any medical procedure there are risks, but it is considered a safe procedure in general.

Answer by katiemomNY at 10:20 AM on Sep. 18, 2011