Do you ever feel uncomfortable having your husband/SO with you at prenatal appointments because you are weighed every time?

I will admit that I did not want my SO to attend the prenatal appointments because of my weight. I started this pregnancy at 210 which is embarrassing enough and at almost nine months pregnant I am at a whopping 274!

I really tried everything to get him not to go. Eventually, when things became complicated he did go and has been very supportive of me and my weight gain.
I feel bad that I doubted him in the first place.

What are your thoughts and feelings about prenatal check ups and the dreaded scale?

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 4:12 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i just covered the scale or told him to go outside the room while i was weighted... i started at 170lbs and gave birth at 268lbs and now a year later im 220lbs...

i wish i could lose weight... :-/
    wisteriastars

Answer by wisteriastars at 4:15 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• i always get weighed alone, she takes me back to a private scale, and the hub stays in the room. I admit I've gained more than normal so far (almost 7 months!) but he never knows my actual weight. Maybe you could ask the doctor to take the scale outside the room?
    clransom

Answer by clransom at 4:16 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• He was really great about it. He would come with me, but hang back when I was on the scale and not look. He knows me so well.
    MommyLi288

Answer by MommyLi288 at 4:45 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• yes i did!!!!! i would tell my fiance to get out for that part! he thought it was really cute...lol...(i gained about 30 pound i was 135 lbs and i went to the 160"s and back down thank God!
    whattamommy

Answer by whattamommy at 4:49 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• My Hubby knows my weight and my weight gain... although I'm embarrassed at starting this at 204 and am now 225 at 27 weeks, he's fine with it. He just thinks, she's had 3 kids in 3 years... I couldn't have done any better myself... he's pretty supportive of it and wants to help me lose weight when this is over
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 5:01 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I was uncomfortable the first pregnancy because he didn't know my weight back then. I started that pregnancy at 165 and ended up at 190! He didn't know anth And yet...I didn't feel too bad because I know his ex was very heavy and that made me feel a little better about myself. Now starting this pregnancy I weigh more than I did 9 months pregnant last time! You can only imagine how much of a cow I feel like :( But he knows how much I weigh, and loves me all the same. Just tells me I need to eat better -.-
    Anonymous

• Yeah, its not like you are gaining weight because you are eating bon bons. You are pregnant. I wouldn't feel weird doing anything in front of him. My weight has never been hidden from him.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 5:30 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• They dont even say my weight out loud. I just look and when we get back to the room I always ask how much weight have I gained since the start. My husband ALWAYS goes with me to all my appointments, I dont want him to miss a thing such as the heartbeat.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 5:56 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• No..My Husband came to all of my appointments. All but two because of work. But I was happy to have him there. My wieght was not a big deal to me. he loves me as is..and he knew the weight was because of the baby. He helped make out DD (He should be allowed to be there from start to finish)
    Novmeber2006

Answer by Novmeber2006 at 8:14 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Actually, I didn't usually get weighed.
    They said it didn't really matter so we didn't do it. (I was curious so I did it myself, don't have a scale at home.)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:06 AM on Jan. 2, 2009