I'm 12 weeks pregnant and just got out of the hosptital...

and I am still SOOOO nauseated. I was admitted for hyperemesis/dehydration and was there for 2 days. They sent me home on Zofran but it doesn't work completely. Anybody have any suggestions to stop this nausea?

rwwmom

Asked by rwwmom at 4:14 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Oh mine was terrible as well. Zofran did work for me, however other medications that worked for are Reglan (need a prescription) and dramamine (OTC)

When you are as sick as you are most of the at home remedies like crackers and soda just don't cut it anymore.

I really hope that you are almost through this sick stage. Mine ended the 12th week. Best wishes!
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 4:17 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• might sound odd, but when i was pregnant and felt upset i would crawl on my boyfriend belly to belly and just lay on him... it made me feel better and when that didnt work he would just rub my belly gently, or get me taco bell :-D
    wisteriastars

Answer by wisteriastars at 4:18 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• have you ever tried those preggy pops?? I heard they work really good
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 4:26 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I had hyperemesis 24/7 throughout my whole pregnancy. I even threw up on the way to the hospital to be induced! I weighed 112 pounds pre-pregnancy and weighed 97 pounds the morning after she was born. The doctor told me to smoke some pot. I didn't because my hubby was against it. (HE wasn't puking himself sick!) There is a reason for people to use marijuana, and hyperemesis from pregnancy or things like chemotherapy cancer treatments are a couple of legitimate uses. Prescription pills didn't help because I would swollow the pill with the tiniest sip of water possible, and still throw it up and watch it dissolve in the toilet while I was gagging...
    Anonymous

• My doctor also told me that she wished that medicinal marijuana was available for severe morning sickness. She would have prescribed it in a heartbeat! She warned me not to go seeking any off the street because it is not regulated.

My doctor was just venting her frustration with the government and the laws against medicinal marijuana. Surprisingly, you will find many in the medical field all for it. Way back in nursing school, we had a seminar put on by pharmacists and physicians explaining all the benefits of it.

Don't go smoke a bowl or anything, but heh, I guess it is good reason to fight for medicinal marijuana. People don't need to suffer!
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 4:40 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Smoke a joint, if you have access. One won't hurt your baby and it will settle your stomach.
    Anonymous

• similar thing happened to me when i was 13 weeks pregnant, had the stomach flu was very dehydrated, couldn't keep any liquids or food down for days... zofran helped for a couple hours and then stopped working all together, what a waste for me. i've tried everything before..luckily now my nausea has gone away for the most part. my first pregnancy though, i was nauseated 24/7 and throwing up 6 times a day the whole entire pregnancy and nothing helped. ginger snaps, saltine crackers, ginger ale, pregger pops, motion sickness bracelet, etc. I know how you feel and it's awful. Hope you feel better soon! Take care and HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 6:58 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• don't smoke weed, i don't know what kind of doctor you have girlneffy...but, drugs are known to cause birth defects!
    Anonymous

• The THC in weed doesn't cross the placental barrier, and if it did it wouldn't hurt the baby unless you laid around smoking it all day every day, which anything to excess is bad for a baby.
    Anonymous

• I lost 60 pounds...was not able to eat at all....I had tons of lemonade and fortune cookies....it helped. Right after that I will have sometype of real food. My baby was healthy....mommy was miserable. Sorry you are going through this. !
    Anonymous