Cry it out

Some times i dont understant how moms can do this. If a baby want his mom is that so bad? I am mom moring time afternoon time and even night time. Doesnt it break your heart to do it? Follow your heart!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:59 PM on Jul. 15, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I hear you mama. I would never use CIO!
    MommytoNakoa

Answer by MommytoNakoa at 5:40 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I let my baby CIO, but he's usually quiet before I get to the end of the hallway! I used it with my 9 year old when he was a baby, but I felt I had no choice! It was that or never get a moments peace! He is 19 months younger than his brother. Sometimes he would cry for 15 minutes, but I usually didn't let him go longer than that. He is the best sleeper in the house!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 6:00 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• Never, ever judge.
    Before my daughter was born, I felt like you. What could be more cruel? How heartless could you be to ignore your child? Then my daughter arrived. NOTHING I did would calm her. No "trick" worked and believe me, I tried EVERYTHING. "Happiest Baby on the Block"? Garbage. "Babywise"? Preachy junk. Everyone I knew was full of suggestions. None of them worked. For months, I paced, bounced, drove, walked, sang, rocked, swaddled, and swayed. She only slept when she was exhausted from crying. After MONTHS, I finally let her cry on her own in her crib. She was over 10 months old before she slept from bedtime to morning. She was over a year before she did it again. She was over 14 months before she did it most nights.
    Never, ever judge.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 7:56 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• Yeah kaycee14!! Don't judge how other people raise their kids. My heart tells me how to raise my kid. I don't generally have him cry it out, but I won't say it's never happened. Do what you think is best for your kids, but don't worry about anyone else.
    Anonymous

• I'm a 1st time mom, he's 5 months and i'm w/ you. I don't think people understand, but it's ok we do what's right for us and our child, after all we are their mothers.
    papai

Answer by papai at 9:55 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• wow finally!!!!!!! ive gotten critizied to the fullest degree by my family because i dont let any of my kids cry it out...if my 5month old is crying and practically screaming.theres a reason he wants me and im not gonna look at him and watch him cry. i look at it this way..i carried him for 9months straight and gave birth to him and delt with the complications during birth im going to take care of him the way i want. theyre not his mother i am....theres nothing wrong with holding your child and letting them know mommys there for him every time he needs you.thats what builds the trust between and infant and his mother
    ShYmAmA08

Answer by ShYmAmA08 at 11:45 AM on Jul. 16, 2008