have you ever had a d& c?

was it painful?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:33 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Health

• I did last year because of a miscarriage. I was sedated so I did not feel a thing. Afterward I had some minor cramping as if I had PMS. I was given narcotic pain medicine that I will admit that I did not take for the pain from the procedure but for the emotional pain. It numbed me for a week or so.

girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 4:36 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I had one with my third m/c. I don't remember physical pain other than the cramping from the m/c.
    PurpleDawn

Answer by PurpleDawn at 4:49 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I had one after my son was stillborn. During the procedure I was sedated. Lots of cramping but nothing motrin didn't help with.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:29 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I had one after a miscarriage, but like the other women I, too, was completely put under due to the fact they were also do a laparoscopy at the same time. The lap caused pain anyway, so I'm not sure how much was due to the lap or the D&C. It's definitely not fun and wouldn't recommend it. Very emotional and heartbreaking.
    Anonymous