Does CA have a program to help cover the cost of maternity that insurance won't cover?

We have health insurance, but we are also low income and cannot afford the portion that insurance won't cover. I have heard of such a program that helps low income families. Does anyone know what it is called?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:46 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• while u are preggo u can get pregnancy Medicaid and that will cover it all
    Anonymous

• Okay, so I see that there is AIM to help, but we are below those income guidelines, too. Will medical help if you have health insurance?
    Anonymous

• I'm not sure if medicaid will help if you have health insurance, I know on the form that you fill out they ask you if you have it, but the best way to find out is to just go ahead and fill out the form. I did it through the local health department.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 4:58 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Are you low-risk? If you aren't able to find that program, or utilize it, maybe you can adjust your care and needs to be lower priced. Some price tags are unnecessarily high... :-(
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 7:43 PM on Jan. 1, 2009