My SO HARDLY if EVER compliments me.....

for example last night i got compliments from all of his friends for how nice i looked, and got NONE from him. NOT ONE! and the point to me looking nice was for him...

I've talked to him about is SO MANY TIMES! im not saying that it makes the entire relationship, but come on its nice to hear it from the person your with..

Ugh. what do i do? and am i the ONLY out there having this problem??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:52 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• my boyfriend doesnt compliment me either.... i have to ask him if i look good and he will shrug and say yea you look good, and ill bend over and be like how does my ass look and he will be like it looks real good and thats about all... but i have to ask for the compliments...
    wisteriastars

Answer by wisteriastars at 4:54 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• My husband gives me compliments all the time but when I want them. If I get all dressed up he doesn't say anything unless I ask. It doesn't bother me too much because I know how he feels. It is all the other times he compliments me that matter.
    ttcgirl110

Answer by ttcgirl110 at 4:57 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• but he doesn't compliment at all.... as in on a regular day to day basis.

Im lucky if he says something ONE time in the month!
    Anonymous

• My hubby barely compliments me and it doesn't bother me cuz that's just how he is, you know? I mean, it's not as if in the beginning he ALWAYS did, he's always been like that and I'm okay with it.
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 5:04 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• My DH rarely compliments me. I could probably count on my hands the number of compliments that I've gotten in the past year. I try to be understanding of the fact that he really has no clue how to verbally express himself, but sometimes it really sucks. If he doesn't compliment other people either, it's probably just his nature. I would ask him when I really needed to hear something and try not to take it personally the rest of the time.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 5:13 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Dr. Gary Chapman wrote a book you need to read. It is called The Five Love Languages. When someone first told me about it I thought it was BS..until I read the book. Your love language is how you communicate best with people you care about. It sounds like you and your SO speak different languages. The book can help you understand how to communicate better with that person. http://www.fivelovelanguages.com/learn.html
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:19 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• i guess im lucky, my hubby compliments me daily.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 5:31 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• My husband doesn't either, but he shows it in other ways. Like he would just sits there and stares at me with a smile. Or he pulls back the hair in my face and kiss my forehead. When he does compliment me though, it just means so much more. There was a quote that I read back some years ago and it goes something like "just because he doesn't love you the way you want to be loved, that doesn't mean he doesn't love you with all his heart". And I believe it is very true in my husband's case. He has his own ways of showing his affection.
    denswife

Answer by denswife at 5:37 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• My fiancee says at least one compliment a day to me even when I just wake up and before he goes to work or class he tells me how beautiful I look even with my bed hair and pajamas on lol. And then when I dress up really nice he always says something like how sexy I look or how all the other guys will be jealous of him. It really makes me feel good and better about myself
    HollyRose

Answer by HollyRose at 6:01 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• if u figure it out let me kno i have the same problem with my boyfriend and then to top it off we have a mutual female friend and i was looking at her myspace pics the other day and guess what the same day i told him it upset me that he doesnt say i look nice he left a comment for her saying "youe gergous" he says he said that to her because she had just been crying to him that her boyfriend called her fat and ugly (which shes not!!!!) but does yours say nice things to other girls?
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 6:24 PM on Jan. 1, 2009