what was the worst gift you got this year?

i would ask about the best but who cares that isnt really interesting. The worst gift i got was oven mits, i did need them but i wanted and described different cool ones and got something totally off....

AmaliaD

Asked by AmaliaD at 4:54 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Holidays

• I would have to say ANOTHER ROBE from my pathetic excuse for a mother. She gets me one every year and every year I try to nicely say "I don't really wear robes" when really I mean "I despise robes, I've never worn one a day in my life, I just get dressed if I don't want to be in my pjs". As a mother shouldn't she know this? Growing up I never wore one, there has never been one in my house...she's never seen me in one. My sister wasn't there when I got it so I called later and asked her "Do I wear robes?" and she said "No, never have". lol...I know it shouldn't irritate me so much, and I should be grateful anyway...but it is the third year in a row I got a gift I wont ever use.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:29 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• well a close friend of the family, we call her aunt tannis, got me a shirt... the only way i can describe it is "little silver squares... DISCO BALL" no joke everyone says it looks like a disco ball, all i need is some lights and ill be the party ball! lmao!! and it doesnt fit but it fits my boyfriend, and he wore it for like 20 minutes, but its HORRIBLE!!
    wisteriastars

Answer by wisteriastars at 4:57 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Actually, I can honestly say I didn't get a worst gift. Everything I got was stuff I wanted/needed. The only thing that could qualify as a worst gift was that my mom bought me 2 copies of the same book b/c she bought the first copy a couple of months before Christmas and forgot about it, and it was a nightmare to try to return it and get a different book.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 5:00 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• im always happy to receive gifts. i dont complain, i think it nice somebody thought of me.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 5:30 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Well Some of my BIL's Got us Nothing! Some have 3 Kids we Buy for! So Is there something worse then Nothing? How aboout my BIL giving A Used Dog Chew Toy to my newly Turend 1 year old Precious Grandson!!? But he Has new Tires on his Corvette!! He has new Appliances, A New 4 wheeler & etc.. His Main Job is Sitting in the Bar, Smoking & Drinking Secretly! We wish he didn't for his Good Health! But he & His Girl Friend love to do that! He is Jobless too! His Children are Discusted with him!! How's that? He said Thank you, Thank You, Thank you to my DH & my DH said right Back At You!! I said why he Gave us Nothing!? Good Spirit we have!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 6:53 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I got a hot chocolate maker that i find pretty much useless. It takes way less energy to boil water an pour straight ito the cups. With this contraption ther is something else on my counter (never good) or in my cabinets (no extra room ther either!) and something else to wash! Not really a worst gift, just hte most useless! LOL
    Anonymous

• Vibrating Slippers. Enough said.
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 8:34 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Nothing, My dh did not get me anything. Not a card, not a Merry Christmas, nothing.
    Anonymous

• I guess its not a bad present, but we dont need a pizza oven. We have absolutely no counterspace, and we use our toaster oven for pizza. Dont know why the MIL didnt realize that. She is returning it for us.
    Also, we do a guy/girl gift exchange with my extended family, so there are a lot of gifts not suited to you in there. But it is fun!
    MBsMom2004

Answer by MBsMom2004 at 10:51 AM on Jan. 6, 2009