Is this possible? Please don't bash me, I'm freaking out! Question about hpt

So I took a test yesterday it was negative. I just took one and there is a line, a faint one, but a line. I am estimating I am 2 days past my period being due. Could the HCG have gone up enough in the last 24 hours to now show up on the test? I tested due to some failed birth control and wanting to know sooner rather than later.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:01 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• u sound preggers, congrats and happy new year! call your gyno and make an appointment for a blood test, tell them you had a faint positive result on the home pregnancy test, they'll probably have you go into the office tomorrow. good luck!
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 6:54 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• ummm ya theres a line there
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 5:03 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Sure the HCG level could have raised enough in 24 hrs to be reactive on the stick.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:05 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I think they can.
    Ann7227

Answer by Ann7227 at 5:13 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Yeah, it sounds like you are. Any sign of a line is positive. Take one in a week or so, or just go to your doc to get a blood test. Good luck either way.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 5:28 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Sounds like your pregnant! Mine was really faint but there was a line...and now I am 31 weeks along. Good Luck!
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 5:53 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• thats how all my pregnancy tests came out..with realllly faint lines..i have 2 daughters and another on the way..every day your hcg levels go up..so yes it was possible that the levels werent high enough to read..take another test and go to the dr and have them give you one.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 5:57 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• p.s...congrats in advance!! sounds like you're preggo!
    tnteaton

• Any shade , color, etc. If there is a line...is Positive
    mamadetresbbg

Answer by mamadetresbbg at 6:30 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• oh ya 1 day can make a big difference
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 6:32 PM on Jan. 1, 2009