New baby? wait?

Im 16 i will be 17 in about 2 weeks i have a 9 month old son n i am still with the daddy i want to have another baby but is it too soon? should i wait till im 18 or 19? ive had problems with dhr sayin im too young n stuff so what do u think i should do?

daltdalt101107

Asked by daltdalt101107 at 5:01 PM on Jul. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I think you should finish school and stuff first. An ideal spacing would be two-three years apart for siblings.Also marriage is a good idea. I'm not saying it will happen, but consider the possibility of being a single mom of two kids. Is that something you'd be able to handle?? I definitely think you should wait just a little while longer. In case life throws you a curve ball. Hugs!!
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:08 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• Wait a little while. You are so young and you have many many years left to have more children. Enjoy the one you have, they grow up so fast! When you add more children to your family, while each child is a blessing, it also changes the relationships that you have with the dad and other child. If you were 40, I would say, "you better get moving", but you are 16, take your time. Even if you waited 10 years you would be a whole 26. I was 28 before I had my first and still had more. Finish school too.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 5:12 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• Yes, wait. Spend this time learning and loving your son. Finish school, and see how the next two years goes. Time goes by quickly when you are a mom. I think you and your boyfriend should be married before you have #2, and make sure he has a good job. Show your family you can make it on your own. Find a job, and provide for your little one. You need time to grow too, and find your own way as a mother.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 5:23 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I think it's best you wait a few years.
    I'm a few months older than you, and I've had my first baby. Me and my man are waiting for about 3 years before we have our next one so we can save up for some money.
    Marriage isn't a must.. A certificate doesn't prove that the man will or will not stay around, but as you've already found out, they won't allow the fathers name on the birth certificate unless you're married, or he signs papers to verify he wants to be on the certificate. A stupid idea as we are the one's who give birth so we should be able to say if we want the father on there or not.. but alwell.
    DementedPsyche

Answer by DementedPsyche at 8:34 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I would say you're too young but you're already a mom. If anything happens to the daddy or to your parents, can you take care of youself and the baby? If not, don't have another yet. It's better be safe than sorry.
    papai

Answer by papai at 9:53 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• i would wait. im 19 and have 2 kids 13 months apart. i am with there daddy but havin 2 in diapers is rough. finish school. wait till your a least 19 before u have another one.
    ahannasmygirl

Answer by ahannasmygirl at 12:25 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• i would wait a bit longer. ur still so young. i would worry about getting school taken care of (or getting ur GED if u havent done that). plus pregnancy is relaly hard on ur body, and even harder when ur underage. ull get the chance of another one. just be patient.
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 1:47 AM on Jul. 16, 2008