Has anyone ever rented a house

and when you left the house, the owners were telling people that you left it dirty? When you completely went over and beyound on keeping up with the house, and making sure everything stayed clean? How do you stay sane when their are such rude people?

ali_1107

Asked by ali_1107 at 5:07 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We used to rent a townhouse and our neighbors moved out. The owner remarked to us how dirty they'd left the place. Thing is, I knew the neighbors and that they wouldn't have left it dirty. But I realized when we moved out that he'd likely say the same thing about us. I swept the floor and left things clean even so.

Answer by Bmat at 5:11 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I've heard from other people who rent that the smart thing to do is video tape everything!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:18 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Yes, we did take pictures of EVERY room in the house which included the date and time. They even gave us back our security deposit back.. The couple that are renting the house we used to live in know our friends, and they defended us thank goodness! Thanks for your responses!!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 6:02 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I've heard of renters doing that to get out of upgrading their houses (new paint or carpet). "If you want it, its yours, but you'll have to clean it" Yeah, jerks!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 6:16 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I own my home now, but when I rented, I always took a video camera and a picture camera with the date stamp feature and took video and pics of the house, inside and outside. In cabinets, drawers, everything. I covered my butt so completely, b/c I'd heard stories like yours and wanted to make sure it couldn't happen to me.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:01 PM on Jan. 1, 2009