excercise during pregnancy

Im two months and my mother in law says its good to keep excercising during pregnancy so its easier to get back in what she calls skinny jeans.shes had 7 kids and wears a size smaller than a 5 junior which is what i wear. anyways me and my sister in law goes on walks but is there like something i can do at home when i just dont feel up to walking. any suggestions? maybe sites or videos or anything? thanks

Seretesi

Asked by Seretesi at 5:06 PM on Jul. 15, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• I liked to do yoga. I had a deck of cards I got from Barnes and Noble that told you what exercises were safe to do in each trimester. And staying fit while pregnant WILL make it easier to get back to your pre-pregnancy weight. Or close to it!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 5:55 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• Yep! Yoga! Yoga aint really my thing, lol, but it might be urs. Its really safe to do when pregnent. Or you can simply turn on ur music n dance the day away! It's not as frustrating as "excersise" an its fun! :)
    MyBlessin

Answer by MyBlessin at 6:48 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• Do all that but do not forget your KEGELS.
    papai

Answer by papai at 9:50 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• If you like to walk, there are Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds dvds. I've done a few of those workouts - there are 4 moves - walking in place, side steps, knee raises and front kicks. It's not a very jarring workout. You can preview most workout dvds on Collage Video's web site - and sometimes they have them at the library. I know they also sell them at Target. AND then there's always swimming which is non-impact - maybe stationary bike riding. Of course, you'd want to make sure you check w/ your doctor, but I think these are pretty mellow options.

Enjoy your pregnancy!!
    swrockhead

Answer by swrockhead at 9:01 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• There are excercise dvds that are specifically for pregnancy. I personally love Denise Austin's workout dvds. Another great thing to do while pregnant for excercise is swim if there is a pool you can use. You get great exercise but it does not wear you out and is actually relaxing.
    rasbneon

Answer by rasbneon at 11:02 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• At 2 months you can still do basically anything you want to, though weight training should be done with caution. Walking, jogging, yoga, pilates, and any pregnancy video should be fine right now. If you have access to a bike (regular or stationary) or an elliptical, those are also great options. It's hard to get motivated when you're pregnant, so just do as much as you can and be sure to pay attention to how your body handles it. Also ask your doctor for suggestions at your next appt, especially if you are or ever become high-risk.
    KDW211

Answer by KDW211 at 10:55 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• During my first pregnancy, I rode a stationary bike 30 minutes a day. I only gained 10 pounds with my oldest son and lost most of it when he was born.
    KimsCandleHouse

Answer by KimsCandleHouse at 4:20 PM on Jul. 20, 2008