i hope i go FULL term or more lol.

my mom is throwing me a shower :) im so happy and thankful, BUT she is deciding to do it 2 weeks before im due.

isnt that late to throw one??

im already have contractions too and im only 34 weeks.

She also told me to make a list of people to invite so i did and i got their addresses

she told me she would look at the list and invite who SHE thinks should go. and that i shuoldnt ask for the addreses

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:28 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• CONT
    (well if i didnt ask for the addresses she wouldnt have gotten them already like i did & why is she picking and choosing who is going to get an invite? theres only lik 30 people majority are family and about 5 are friends. she also has to be rude and tell me..

"its not like everyone is going there probably wont even be half of your list..."

:( i just feel like hurt? and kind of irritated. im not trying to PLAN my shower, but she told me to make a list so i did. and thats the extent of what im doing.

maybe i just need to vent. how would you feel or am i just being hormonal and pregnant?
    Anonymous

• wow and i thought my mom was bad..lol..its your baby and your baby shower..id tell her that! you should be able to invite who ever you want and if she doesnt send them to who you want then id invite them myself!
    listorlou

Answer by listorlou at 5:40 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I dont think your being rude or hormonal...I think your mom was being a little rude or maybe she has something up her sleeve. Hopefully you will make it to your shower but if not...it can always be a welcome baby home party!

I am having mine on the 31st of January and I thought I was pushing it with 5 weeks till my due date.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 5:51 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Were pretty close.... I'm having my baby shower Jan.17th I'm due Feb. 24 but the doc says i will probably go early. I had my first son premature. Two weeks is a bit late.. Oh and my moms kinda of a slacker when it comes to invites so I always help her with any party . I don't tell my mom that though...... I just tell her I want to help her so no ones feelings get hurt. Congrats and good luck :)
    lisacieslak

Answer by lisacieslak at 6:10 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Well. If you have the baby before the shower; you can have a meet the baby party with shower presents! It happens to a lot of people! Congrats! Can you call people and invite them yourself..at least your friends...I think she is a little rude...
    mamadetresbbg

Answer by mamadetresbbg at 6:47 PM on Jan. 1, 2009