??

Ok. I found out on the 20th that I am pregnant. According to my dates I am about 12 weeks. According to ultrasound about 5...The reason I had the ultrasound so early is because I had an ectopic and because other factors the risk of having another is higher...So....my husband does not want to have sex because he is afraid that I would start bleeding (my pregnancies were complicated; have 3 kids and this one was not planned at all, we thought we were done )
Well...I guess the New Year thing and the kissing....we had some sex this AM. Now I am spotting a little. Is not red, are more like brownish strands and my lower back hurts more than just a little...
Should I be concern, could it be related to it? Should I see the doctor tomorrow... Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:53 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• For your peace of mind you may want to, But it sounds like normal post intercourse spotting you said it was brown(which means old) and in strands which sounds like cervical mucus. As you may know in the early stages of pregnancy the cervix gets a tad engorged with blood. that on top of the engorgement from sex it is very likely the bleeding was just a little blood vessel busting from the excitment.

Try to stay clam I know how scary this can be, call your medical professional for some peace of mind don't feel bad it is what they are there for.

Philsgirl21

Answer by Philsgirl21 at 7:03 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I would say you should check with your doc to be sure
    smnice

Answer by smnice at 5:58 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• at least call your dr. it can't hurt and it will give you peace of mind. good luck.
    tessntylersmom

Answer by tessntylersmom at 6:42 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I was the one who was afraid this time I got pregnant. I also had an ectopic didn't know it at the time but we had sex and I started bleeding pretty bad and it wouldn't let up. Yeah I would make sure every things okay cause with my ectopic I was fortunate enough to have to return to the ER for an HCG test again only I was wheeled into surgery and was already rupturing and lost my left tube. So I'd double check just to make sure everything is okay.
    jennifer8585

Answer by jennifer8585 at 6:51 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• It is not abnormal to spot after sex. If your hubby hit your cervix it is engorged with blood right now due to the pregnancy.
    Anonymous