What kind of food do you feed your dog?

I'm just curious to see what kind of dog food (brand, etc) you feed your dogs.. I have a miniature dachshund and a blue heeler mix that I'm trying to find a good dog food for that would fit well within our slim budget.

ElijahsMom211

Asked by ElijahsMom211 at 8:54 PM on Sep. 18, 2011 in Pets

• Pedigree.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 8:54 PM on Sep. 18, 2011

• Nutri Source.
    Brawnwyn

Answer by Brawnwyn at 8:55 PM on Sep. 18, 2011

• Diamond. The breeder recommended it. It is better than Science Diet, very healthy with top quality ingredients and is very comparable cost wise to the cheaper not so good brands.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 8:57 PM on Sep. 18, 2011

• Purina Lamb and Rice for Senior dogs. Our Vet recommended it, and our dogs are very healthy.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:03 PM on Sep. 18, 2011

• I think ours in Purina. My husband does they buying and feeding of the dog food and we just recently got the dogs. He is feeding them what their previous owners fed them because that's what they're used to.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 9:12 PM on Sep. 18, 2011

• Purina One. You can find it here: http://www.purinaone.com/Public/Default.aspx . It was the only dog food I could find didnt cost $15 bucks a small bag that meat was its first ingredient. It was suggested that we find a dog food that was actually meat based and it would fill them up longer thus help with the potty problems (no more constant eating. What goes in must come out usually on the dining room floor. This is no longer a problem as the dogs get filled up, do there business 20 minutes later almost clock work lol). What a difference!
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 9:53 PM on Sep. 18, 2011

• Nutro Max weight control dry food
    mama2alex04

Answer by mama2alex04 at 11:14 PM on Sep. 18, 2011

• Rabbit (whole carcass, raised/processed by me), Turkey (whole carcass, raised/processed by me), some chicken (dark meat, organ meat, raised/processed by me), assorted raw veggies, sweet potato and banana chips I make, liver cookies I make, supplements/oils for skin/coat health, any large meaty bones I can get ahold of. I also give them raw egg yolks, homemade yogurt and cottage cheese, and depending on whether I've baked some, peanut butter cookies as an occasional special treat.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 11:50 PM on Sep. 18, 2011

• Purina its a good brand and you don't go broke buying it =)
    kattea21911

Answer by kattea21911 at 10:10 AM on Sep. 19, 2011

• Chicken Soup for the Puppy Lover's Soul. It's mid range on price and it's got good quality igredients.
    marshsmom

Answer by marshsmom at 11:58 AM on Sep. 19, 2011