how long after having sex do you need to wait to take an at home pt

i just had a baby 6 weeks ago and there is a good chance i could be pg agian how long do i need to wait to take a test. i have not yet goten my period back so dont tell me to wait to see if its late cause it may be a while before it comes or not come at if if im pg. i have a dr app. monday for my post partum would he be able to do a blood test and find out if im pg? i had unprotected sex 2 times and the 1st time was about 5 days ago. would my hcg levels still be high from the birth of my son?

mom-to-be21

Asked by mom-to-be21 at 6:00 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Health

• After the baby is born your levels should return back to normal. I would wait the 3 weeks and take the test then.
    Anonymous

• Your doctor can test you when you go in if you ask them to. Just tell them what you said here and they should be able to tell.

Answer by gemgem at 6:16 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• you should wait at least 2 weeks after the last time you had unprotected sex
    Anonymous

• HCG levels disappear like 2 days after you have a baby. I would tell your doc about your unprotected sex. I don't think that a blood test would yield results - but I don't know - I am not a doctor.

My advice to you is to start using birth control if you aren't planning on getting pregnant right now. You are coming out of your most fertile time, but without having a period, you have no idea how your cycles are and when you are ovulating to just willy nilly have unprotected sex and *hope* that you aren't getting pregnant.

Good luck with all of that!
    Mom2Rebekah

Answer by Mom2Rebekah at 9:00 AM on Jan. 2, 2009