please help

how long after having sex do you need to wait to take an at home pt
i just had a baby 6 weeks ago and there is a good chance i could be pg agian how long do i need to wait to take a test. i have not yet goten my period back so dont tell me to wait to see if its late cause it may be a while before it comes or not come at if if im pg. i have a dr app. monday for my post partum would he be able to do a blood test and find out if im pg? i had unprotected sex 2 times and the 1st time was about 5 days ago. would my hcg levels still be high from the birth of my son?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:08 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Why would you want to get pregnant right away? Obvioulsy you were trying.... that's so close but good luck if you are, they might be able to find out but you may need to wait it out
    Anonymous

• you most likley will get a false positive becuz you jus had a baby.. id talk to your doctor
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 6:13 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I would talk to your doctor... because im sure your HCG levels could still be elavated just enough to show positive on a HPT!! Good luck
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 6:15 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• If it makes you feel any better, I had unprotected sex 2 or 3 times between 4 and 6 weeks post-partum, and I didn't get knocked up! lol ((And no, we weren't trying either, just like I'm sure you weren't... Anonymous must have forgotten what it feels like to wait so many weeks without sex--- sometimes we behave like men & our brains just don't function properly at the thought of "gettin' some" lol...))

Like a previous responder said, I would just talk to the doctor about it. I think that they could probably do blood work to tell by now. Good luck!
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 6:21 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• No, I don't forget what it feels like... I was just being responsible. I also had c-sections and wouldn't even consider it. I guess with vaginal, your ready to go sooner
    Anonymous

• i had a c section with mine but i didnt have sex the whole pregnancy and was ready for it the day i came home. and didnt have money for condoms. hubby pulled out but my dr said u can still get pg with the pull out method
    mom-to-be21

Answer by mom-to-be21 at 6:31 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• i am the orginal poster
    mom-to-be21

Answer by mom-to-be21 at 6:59 PM on Jan. 1, 2009