Is this a mistake!

ok so my 2 yr old is fully potty trained durring the day. He wears pampers to bed at nite but as soon as he wakes up in the morning before he gets out of bed he will poop in his pamper.
Is this a mistake .... would it be one mistake a day or what ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:09 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It is probably his body schedule. My dd is fully potty trained and at night I put a pull up on her bc she has had accidents in the past. I was just getting ready to take her off then she had a wet pull up again lol. I would see about getting up before he does and waking him up and taking him right to the bathroom. Some kids have issues with voiding in the toilet, they think its a peice of their body lol. Good luck.

Answer by gemgem at 6:12 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I agree with gemgem, if he does it every morning as soon as he wakes up, get up before him and try to get him in on the potty before he does it. It may just be that he is feeling kind of lazy and doesn't want to get up and do it. Mine wore pull ups at night even though he didn't need them just b/c he was lazy and I had to put my foot down and take him out of them to get him to stop. Sometimes we have to give them a little push to get them over the laziness.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:48 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• He's purposefully staying in bed to poop? Time to get him up as soon as he wakes and get him to the potty.

Does he poop in the potty other times during the day? If not, then he's not fully trained. He's holding it. He knows he can't poop in his pants during the day, but it's okay to do it at night in his diaper, so he's doing it before he has underwear on....

That's how it sounds from what you wrote, anyway...
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:02 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• he does poop in the potty all day long ... but its just before he gets out of the bed in the morning ! its not every morning but most and he will not poop in his underwear
    Anonymous

• Put underwear on him. Either alone (if he's dry for the most part....with the mattress protected of course!) or under his diaper.

What about pullups? They're more like underwear than a diaper...would he poop in those?

Just keep reinforcing that he needs to get up out of bed and go potty.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:27 PM on Jan. 1, 2009