What's going on with the crazy weather this year?

I live in Washington state and just for fun I thought I'd get your theories of what is going on with all this weird weather throughout the nation and what do you think will happen weatherwise in 2009? We got a huge snowstorm here this month, I think record snow amounts in some areas.

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 6:13 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My family is in Washington and they don't know . I think ya'll in the Northwest really ticked someone off LOL
    dle4125

Answer by dle4125 at 6:21 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I think the earth goes through cycles and we get weird weather every so often. Its been a bit off here too. I am in NC in the foothills and it was in the 60s last week and sunny LOL. The last two days its been below freezing. Go figure. But I remember having my son in 2000 and there was so much snow, then now nothing. ABout every 10 yrs we get a bad winter. Im hoping for a nice cold snowy one.

Answer by gemgem at 6:15 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• thats how its been where i am too...
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 6:16 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• It's global warming....er....global cooling...err, el nino...la nina...act of God...someone fooled with Mother Nature?! LOL!

Seriously...weather is an UNCONTROLLABLE phenomenon! We're just in a new weather pattern! Happens about every 20 years or so.
    Anonymous

• i live in az. and we're in shorts and sandels. we don't get snow very often in town but it snowed like last week now its in the 60's - 70's
    lilybug524

Answer by lilybug524 at 6:21 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• dle4125, I would have to agree! For a while there it was not even worth trying to get out of the house to go anywhere cause the roads were so bad :) Thankfully we're back to dreary grey rain and in the 40's. NEVER thought I would be thankful for that!!!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 6:26 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I use to live in the apartment right down the road from McCord. I grew up in the Spanaway area and I don't ever remember snow like your getting this year.
    dle4125

Answer by dle4125 at 6:29 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• we have been getting strange weather about the last ten years.Very unpredictable and terrible at times.I don't think it is end of times but something is definitely different from when I was little.
    Anonymous

• we live in central IL - honestly in less than a week we've had ice, snow and a tornado. It is just insane here. I've never experienced anything like this.
    the3jsandme

Answer by the3jsandme at 10:47 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• i think its hilarious how everybody in the lower 48 freaks out whenever it snows a couple inches. its 18 below zero here and we have about 30 inches of snow, but tomorrow morning im just gonna shovel off my truck and drive to work.

mudgirl

Answer by mudgirl at 11:34 PM on Jan. 1, 2009