For military wives...

What is your favorite and least favorite things about the military life? My hubby is active duty Air Force. I'd have to say my favorite part is the travel and the steady pycheck, and my least favorite is the deployments!

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 6:19 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I love the pride that the Marines/wives/families have. I didn't mind knowing we'd have a paycheck no matter what and Tricare either! Next to deployments of course, my least favorite thing was when my friends moved away to a new duty station. We still keep in touch but it's so hard saying goodbye.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 6:36 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Well i'm not a military wife, but I am an active duty Marine. and my first deployment was great, because I didn't have a child. Now I have my little girl i'm dreading the next time they tell me I have to deploy. other than that, I love the whole aspect of the military.
    smnice

Answer by smnice at 6:38 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• There's so much to be thankful for with the military...the sense of community is such a great thing too, i can't believe i forgot to add that into my question lol!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 6:47 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• hubby in his CAMIES ;)
    Philsgirl21

Answer by Philsgirl21 at 7:16 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• hi, i'm not a military wife or anything, but i saw this question and would like to take this opertunity to say thank you to you ladies and your husbands for your/their service. i know you guys dont hear it enough
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 7:19 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Former AF wife does that count, I loved the comradrie we all had, loves hubbie in fatifgues...least and favorite part was guam...Guam because so far away from family and Guam because thats where my first daughter was born.
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 9:09 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I was in Guam too, 2000-2002. Loved it there though, except you are right, not many people's families can afford to come visit!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 9:24 PM on Jan. 1, 2009