Did you have a bad Christmas?

Just wondering how everyone's went mine wasn't what I wanted it to be because of the fire that destroyed our home 12-22-08. I guess it could always have been worse but I think that's bad enough.

Lizzie32390

Asked by Lizzie32390 at 6:24 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Holidays

• god, I'm so sorry.
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 10:32 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• how can I answer that after what happened to you...I am so sorry....I hope you are able to start rebuilding your home soon....
    surpriseat41

Answer by surpriseat41 at 10:57 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I am so sorry to hear that. Fires are devestating, I had my house burn down in 92, I was only 11 at the time but I still remember it well. I am glad to hear that you are all alright. And remember this too shall pass and you will be a stronger person because of it. I know that might not mean much now but eventually it will. Best of luck to you and your family!
    jordanmarie2000

Answer by jordanmarie2000 at 1:12 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I didn't even though I'm annoyed at some things...all of that is MINOR to what you went through, though and I am so sorry for what happened. Assuming everyone is okay, thats a blessing.(that no one was killed)
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 1:15 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• No I didn't have a good christmas. I am very sorry to hear about what happened to your house and wish the best for you and your family.

The reason I didn't have a good christmas is my grandfather died in Nov. and me and him were very very close and it was my first christmas without him and it really really stunk bad :(
    ntschetter

Answer by ntschetter at 6:11 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• We had a house fire Oct 2007. We were in a hotel for 6 months. I completely understand where you're coming from. I tell everyone I meet to have renters insurance or home owners for fires.. you don't realize how much every little thing you own can add up to - until you don't have it anymore. That said, when the nightmares faded about what *could* have happened to my family - I felt immensely thankful. Sorry to hear you feel like your Christmas was ruined. Like you said, it could have been so much worse..
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 9:56 PM on Jan. 5, 2009