groceries

How much do you spend on the average for 1 weeks worth of groceries?

tessntylersmom

Asked by tessntylersmom at 6:31 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Really varies- hubby works construction and so did my dad, so I learned early on to go "big shopping" when we get a good check and the bills are caught up especially in the winter. I use coupons and/or buy mostly store brand whichever is least expensive and spend about $400.00 usually once a month then end up filling in with things that run out like milk and bread and spend about $50.00 a week on that stuff. 2 adults and one teen boy. Hubby and ds drink about a gallon of milk a day!
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 7:55 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• $50 for a family of 3
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 6:38 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• It varies depending on what I want to make (sometimes I make a recipe I don't often make so I have to buy everything). Generally, I spend between $50-$100 for 3 of us.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:41 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• $60.00 for a family of 4 adults and 1 toddler.
    rcbrown

Answer by rcbrown at 6:43 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• 2 adults 2 kids averages $145.00 a week. Includes all paper products, cleansers and wash soap. Also a carton of cigs a month
    Anonymous

• $150-$175 a week for family of 5. Two teen boys, hubby, me and 4 yr old dd.

Answer by gemgem at 6:49 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• rcbrown, how do you do it? that is what my dh says he thinks I should be spending but it is more like 145 for dh,myself, an 8yo and a toddler!!share your secret!!!
    tessntylersmom

Answer by tessntylersmom at 6:51 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I shop every 2 weeks, except for fresh veggies, bread and milk. I spend about $150-200 for 2 weeks worth of groceries. There are 4 of us, but we also have 5 pets, so that adds into it.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 8:18 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I shop every 2 weeks with small trips here and there for milk/bread. I spend around $250-$300 every 2 weeks, so $125-$150 per week on average. This includes all of our household products too, like TP, Laundry and dishwasher detergents, paper towels, shampoos etc. This is for a family of 5 (2 adults, 2 boys ages 11 and 10, and my 4 year old daughter).
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 9:36 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• i spend anywere betwwen 60- 150 a week sometimes family of 6. and dh like to eat lol. he gets dinner everynight so i have to but all diffrent meat. roasts pork chops xtc..plus papaer goods ( 5 girls in the house ) claning stuff, cat and dog food litter. but it also depends on dh's check. i do the best i can with what we have after bills and stuff. when dh has a good check i go to bj's and get bulk on somethings so that helps out. i wont mention diapers have gone up in price..
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:50 AM on Jan. 2, 2009