Babys dad help?

he says hes not ready for a realtionship right now, maybe after the baby is born. what should i say or do __-? im almost 7 mnths prego

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Sep. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You can't force a relationship. Hopefully after the child is born he will change his mind...but even then do you really want to be with someone that doesn't want to be with you?
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 12:50 AM on Sep. 19, 2011

• tell him your not a damn door mat
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:50 AM on Sep. 19, 2011

• He may not be ready for a relationship with you right now but he is about to be a daddy and the best thing for all of you is that you stay on friendly terms. He is 50% responsible for the baby. If he wants the child to grow up well than he needs to man-up and try. There doesn't need to be romance but friends is better for you both than nothing at all. You may need to accept that he is your friend now not your bf. But a real man takes care of his children and sticks around, nomatter if he still loves the mommy. My heart goes out to you but don't pressure him, if he makes the right choice than great, if not, you probably don't want that kind of influance around your baby anyway.
    Micheleh04

Answer by Micheleh04 at 12:53 AM on Sep. 19, 2011

• Leave him alone, if he is going to act like that when you are pregnant whats going to happen when the kid is here??? Get over it, the best thing to do is to be independent and not count on him for anything that way if he does do something you can be suprised. Don't give the child his last name you will regret it later!!! Just give the kid your last name and sue him for child support!
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 12:58 AM on Sep. 19, 2011

• I am speaking for experience I have two kids I get no child support(the judge actually set it at zero) and I have not seen the father for years..... and I am okay with it!!!
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 1:00 AM on Sep. 19, 2011

• Is he under the age of 21? my dd did kind of the same thing, he took off when i was pregnant..Though he would come back around every so often no matter how much he would say he wanted to be with me/us and make it work, deep down he didnt or it would have worked from the day I got pregnant. It took me almost 5 years to realize the truth,so much time wasted,but that was just my situation,hope better for you
    Angelgurl13

Answer by Angelgurl13 at 1:16 AM on Sep. 19, 2011

• mostly men say dat day will help out wen da baby gts hur cuz day dnt really hve to do anithin til da baby gts hur
    angel895

Answer by angel895 at 1:36 AM on Sep. 19, 2011

• IMake sure you know and keep the difference between your feelings about him...your relationship etc seperated from that of your son. As many others said, you cannot force a relationship and if he did comply to one, not really wanting to be in one..it'll be a nightmare for you and the baby. However, DO NOT LET HIM OFF of his responsibilities of being a Father! There is a difference and he needs to be there for the baby emotionally, financially and physically in life for his child! If he is a doucebag clear across the board who doens't even know if "he wants to be involved in the baby's life" blah balh balh..his loss, life will always be about him and you and the baby BOTH will be better of writing him out of your lives, expecting nothing and seriously not giving him second thought. If the issue only him not wanting a relationship, but willing to be a father, you can work with that. Good luck!
    Jeda624

Answer by Jeda624 at 2:56 AM on Sep. 19, 2011

• also don't even call him when the babys born call him after you leave the hospital, after all the birth certificate is complete, do not but him name on the birth certificate, you will get sole custody, he will have to take it to court to get any rights at all. If he wants a relationship he will do it.
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 11:09 AM on Sep. 19, 2011

• ive played that game b4 & its extermely detrimental to you and the baby. he isnt gonna change his mind{not after hearing the heartbeat,not after seeing the ultrasounds,not after holding the baby,not after such-n-such months,ect} message me hun id love to talk with you about this. its a hard road alone but it can be done. i raised my daughter from day 1 bc her dad wasnt "ready" and honestly still isnt..shes two.
    bamamommy2009

Answer by bamamommy2009 at 12:26 PM on Sep. 19, 2011