Sex after birth?

You would think I would remember this..... Placenta Brain I guess!
I remember having to wait about a month to have sex... I recall it hurting so bad that I had to wait longer like two months. I was cut down there with my first... Oh God, I hope I don't get cut this time :( Does anyone know about this?

lisacieslak

Asked by lisacieslak at 6:43 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well my doc told me 6 weeks, I had a 3rd degree tear so I had to wait about 2 months.
    smnice

Answer by smnice at 6:44 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Do you ladies think they will have to cut me again?
    lisacieslak

Answer by lisacieslak at 6:49 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I guess it will depend, but i'm sure it's entirely possible. What was their reason for doing it the first time?
    smnice

Answer by smnice at 6:51 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Mine was the 3 times....on the 3rd one I did not feel it at all. I was driving the day I got out, did not have to use the spray or meds. I had sex like 2 weeks later when I stopped bleeding(we did not have any sex the whole pregnancy...sooooo..) and I did not hurt!

mamadetresbbg

Answer by mamadetresbbg at 6:52 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Usually if they do it once, they will do it again just to keep it from tearing. Sad thing is that if they cut you, the more likely you are to tear. I was so worried about having that done that i did alot of research, and I absolutely refused to be cut! Luckily I did not tear or anything either, but even if I had, according to everything I have read, tearing is better. It heals faster and better then being cut.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 6:54 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I don't recall why the cut me... I just knew I had to take care of it after ward :) It was terrible from what i remember. I'm more scared of the after birth then the actual birth because of experience I had or what i can remember ,,, lol!
    lisacieslak

Answer by lisacieslak at 6:57 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• From what Ive heard if you get cut the first time odds are good it will happen again.

I had c/sections and sex was off limits for 6 wks. I was a little stiff down there the first time we had sex post baby but it wasnt painful or anything like that.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 7:01 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Well I had an epi so thankfully I did not feel most of it, the tear etc. I do remember the next day though, and HELLO PAIN!!! hehe...I guess really the doctor is the only who will be able to tell you if they will have to cut you again or not. I would assume they will have to take into consideration how everything healed up, if the skins strong enough etc, i'm sure there are many factors in the decision.
    smnice

Answer by smnice at 7:03 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I had both third- and fourth-degree tears, and it was still the normal six weeks.
    LaurLaur623

Answer by LaurLaur623 at 7:04 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• It is 6wks either way. I had c-sections and never waited more then 3. This time I HAVE to wait 7wks so I can get the IUD.
    Anonymous