• In the Spotlight:

Fisher Price Kid-Tough Digital Camera

Does anyone have one of these? Have you had any problems with it?

We bought one for my daughter for Christmas and I put batteries in it before she opened the gift. It didn't work, so I changed the batteries in it. Within 5 minutes the low battery indicator came on and it will shut down within a minute or two.

I was wondering if anyone else had similar problems before we return it. If it's something that's other people are experiencing, I would rather try another brand than just exchange it.

Silvertears1275

Asked by Silvertears1275 at 7:02 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Shopping

• We have one for my dd. I have never had any problems with it. You might have just got a bad one.

Answer by gemgem at 7:03 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• My 2yo got one and it works fine. It was actually bought last year and sat in our basement for a whole year before we gave it to her this year. She's taken like 400 pictures with it so far and the batteries are fine.

You probably just got a bad one.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:05 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I know that with my digital camera if I use cheap batteries it will only last about 5 minutes; if I use duracell lithium batteries it will last for months. I don't know if maybe that is the problem or not.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 7:07 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Is it completely dying or shutting off because they do turn off after a couple minutes of no use to conserve battery life
    Anonymous

• We're using name brand batteries in it... not lithium or anything, but you'd think they'd last longer than 15 minutes =)

It's shutting down almost immediately after turning it on. Sometimes you're lucky to be able to snap a picture, but usually it shuts down before you can.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 7:35 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Ours is doing the same thing. We had duracell batteries in it and it died after 5 mins. We changed the batteries and it maybe lasted 10 mins the second time.

I am trying to convince her to replace it for a Leapster as she is obsessed with her brothers.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 1:17 AM on Jan. 3, 2009