I NEED HELP WITH BEDTIME

my daughter has a routine where she will have dinner have a bath and bedtime i been having promblems with bedtime lately and im home with heer allday since im on maternity leave she will scream and cry until i come in the room and sit there until she gos to sleep help im exhausted

mom2b23869

Asked by mom2b23869 at 7:07 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try adding something to the routine, like a bedtime story or some soft music when you put her down. It may just be a phase. Just try to take your time for now. It won't be long that she will have to share her mommy. Savor this time with her before the time comes when you have to divide her attention. My children often fall asleep during story time.
    SashaJ

Answer by SashaJ at 7:38 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• One method that worked for me on times when my son had to sleep in his work was the interruption method. After you put her in bed, read a book, talk, whatever, then tell you her forgot something and you'll be right back. leave the room, and then come right back. Keep doing this, each time making it longer and longer...until you can leave the room long enough for her to fall asleep on her own - it take a few days, but works. Also, something else that helped my son settle down and let me leave the room was to give him something of mine - he would take my hair clip out before I left and then click it until he fell asleep.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 7:55 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I always lay down with DD at bed time until she is asleep.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 8:25 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• We have dinner, bath time and then read 2 stories. After that he knows it is bed time. He gets to pull the switch on the light with daddy, and then sits with me for a few minutes. We talk about our day and what we're going to do the next day, whatever. Then I tell him it's time for bed. Sometimes he says he isn't ready and I tell him 1 more minute and that's it but most of the time he just gives me kisses and hugs and gets tucked in. He has a 6 mo old brother and we've been doing this since I found out I was pregnant and it works like a champ! He knows the routine and what to expect and what's expected of him so it normally goes off without a hitch.
    blogginmomma

Answer by blogginmomma at 8:50 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• It might be that she realizes things are going to change soon, so she is wanting some extra attention and time with you. Try to sit with her a little longer for a few nights, maybe read her an extra story or two, rub her back, just talk to her. Good luck!
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:31 PM on Jan. 1, 2009