Do you share utensils with your kids?

I do but I've heard of some Mom's who don't. If you don't, then why not? I could never do the cleaning off the binki thing with my mouth though... yuck!

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 7:10 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in General Parenting

• yes i do. and i have done the binki thing when i was somewhere where i couldn't wash it with water.
    Anonymous

• i cleaned my sons nuk once, but it wasnt like it fell on the floor or anything... we were in the car and it fell in the car seat, it didnt need to be cleaned, idk why i did it... but my son is only 1 year and if he wants something i have ill give him a bite but most times if he wants something i have ill make him a bowl and feed him and since his spoons fit in his mouth i use his, lol but sometimes ill take a bite with his spoon...
    wisteriastars

Answer by wisteriastars at 7:13 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• What is a "binki"?

No, we do not share utensils. It's one way I try to cut down on the passing of cold germs...so if we don't do it when healthy, we won't be tempted to do it when anyone is sick.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:16 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• binki = pacifier

We don't normally share utensils, but it's happened.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 7:19 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Not always, but like Silvertears1275 said, it's happened.
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 8:55 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Yes I have and I have also done the binkie thing.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 9:08 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• i agree the binki thing is GROSS plenty of dentists recommend that you DONT do it. its a quick way to pass the sugar from your mouth to your baby and mess up the teeth they have! i usaully carry water and a baby spoon in my diaper bag. hey if other moms want to clean the binki like that so be it! Its their kids.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 9:46 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• We share...utensils, drinks, whatever. My husband more then me because I'm more selfish and my food/drink is mine, lol. If they want some they can get their own. Instead they whine and beg my husband for bites of his food instead (like little dogs no less). Then he gets annoyed and wonders why they do that, lol.
    Anyway, we share. If we're going to pass germs to each other it's going to happen no matter what since we live in the same space. My husband does the binky thing. I never could...gross. I'll lick my fingers and wipe it off if it got fuzzies on it but I won't put it in my mouth.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:22 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• We share utensils, drinks, etc. with them, but I've never done the binki thing. I always carried spare ones just in case!
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 11:22 PM on Jan. 1, 2009