Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need serious advice please, and i desperately need it.

Not sure where to post this but here goes.I am a victim of sexual abuse. I have no problem telling who did it and what age, but i have never actually gone into detail or expressed how it made me feel. I have never really coped with it, i just block it out. Is this a bad thingor should I try to talk about it more detailed? I am very scared to tell and to remember in that way. What could be the effects of not talking about it? Someone please help me.


Asked by Anonymous at 7:11 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Health

This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • I'm Sorry on that!! This is A Toughie! We all Deal some how some way!! Its Very Tough! been there had that too! I was like 5!! Awful Horrible it ruined me!! But I forgave that illerterate Dumb Animal of A Father!! I did! I prayed for him before he Died & never told many!!! I have now!! People don't know what to say... If you haven't lived it & all!! I bet there must be Websites & support groups for you to talk to! I could never afford to see anyone on this! But Haved Survived! We're all Strong Surviers!! I wish you the Very Best!! What's Sad is I'll Answer this anonymously so no one knows the shames I Lived & feels sorry for me!! Though I did Nothing wrong & neither did you! Get help!! Get it out & over! I wish you complete healing!!

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:06 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

  • Discuss this problem with your doctor or minister, they will be able to advise you.

    Answer by Bmat at 7:13 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

  • it sounds like not talking about it is bothering you. you seem like you really want to get it out. i would seek counseling and try to open up as much as you can at your own pace. good luck

    Answer by jodi205 at 7:13 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

  • I had the same problem, but i'm the kind of person that i didn't want to go to a counselor or a doctor etc.. So I sat my best friend down and talked to her about it. She's stil to this day the only person i've ever told but If I need to talk to someone about it she's always there.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:25 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

  • It's really a problem so you need to talk to someone . May be your doctor, minister or a counselor.
    You need to deel with it so can move on. All the best

    Answer by islanddiva at 7:50 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

  • Thank you. I also posted anon because i feel ashamed and embarrased about it.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:42 PM on Jan. 1, 2009