Elliptical Machine

My husband and I would like to get an elliptical machine but are not sure what kind is the best. Does anyone have one that they really like?

JenHostler

Asked by JenHostler at 7:25 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in General Parenting

• First you need to decide how much you want to spend and how much room you have (I got a folding model b/c of space issues), then decide on what you want in "bells & whistles" (eg...ipod port, heart monitor, water bottle rack, etc.). After you've figured out those things, then you need to try a bunch of different models because you may find that you prefer front-mount pedals to rear-mount (or vice versa) or that you need a certain size because of stride length or you would like one with mulitple stride positions to accomodate more than one user or that you want one with moveable grips for both upper & lower body workouts, etc.....Go to several stores and try the floor models, take notes, compare your notes to your needs and then buy your elliptical.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 5:10 PM on Jan. 2, 2009