What if?

My hair has been horrible since I hit puberty. Horribly frizzy and half curly/half straight. After I had my daughter though. My hair changed. I got a hair cut and the new hair is straight and beautiful. I am literally shocked. Anyhow, I got a really cute haircut. Not really short, but a bob to my ears, stacked in the back. I absolutely LOVE it, and so does everyone else, except my husband. He likes it long, (even when it was frizzy and gross). I feel so much better with my new hair! So my question is, if your husband hated your hair, but you loved it, would you keep it?

LovinMyMikayla

Asked by LovinMyMikayla at 7:27 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• yes, its MY hair... he didnt fall in love with my hair he fell in love with ME! if he doesnt like my hair oh well..
    wisteriastars

Answer by wisteriastars at 7:29 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• yep, its my hair...mine does not tell me how short or long to keep it or the color.....
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:32 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• i would tell him that i understand that he doesnt like it but i do and i feel better with it and that if he really feels that strongly about it maybe you can compromise and have it a little longer enough to his likeing but short enough that you like it too.
    Alorasmommy

Answer by Alorasmommy at 7:33 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• My husband makes fun of my hair sometimes and calls it Lion King hair. I do my hair however I want and don't care much of what he wants. My dad has this strong belief that all women should have long hair, so I learned from my mom to just ignore what the men think and do what you like for your hair. It doesn't hurt that my husband has porcupine hair for me to make fun of too : )
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 7:36 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I did the same thing. After I had my dd I chopped all my hair off. Like you, everyone loves it. My ds&dh said it kind of freaks them out. You know what? After 3mo they both have gotten used to it an neither one wants me to grow it back. That's good cause I wasn't going to anyways. I feel more confident in myself beacause of my new look and for the first time in years I like what I see when I look in the mirror. Bottom line, if you feel good and confident, it will show and your dh will get over it. Rock on sister!!
    tessntylersmom

Answer by tessntylersmom at 7:37 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Yeah thanks guys. Just to be clear, he isnt telling me what to do, this is just his opinion. :)
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 7:39 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Maybe find a different way of caring for your hair so it doesn't get frizzy and stays straight as you grow it out. There are things you can do. I highly recommend a book from years ago called "Andre Talks Hair". He was one of Oprah's hairdressers. Ever since reading it, my frizzy kinky curls have been controlled curls or shiny straight flattened hair. The frizz is gone.

But, he should get used to the cut if you really like it.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:41 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I think most men prefer long hair on woman, my husband does, but he never says anything when I cut it short. I know how he likes it, so I grow it out and then chop it off for locks of love, he gets it long for a while and I get to go short every year or so for a while, he like that I donate it.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 7:55 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• if you really love your new cut, keep it. i had mine cut once and MIL flat out said she didnt like it. ugh, oh well, i kept the cut anyways, its not her hair. there's nothing he can do about it. could try growing it out and if it starts to get frizzy like before, then by all means chop it off again. either way, its your hair. YOURS
    m4m4

Answer by m4m4 at 8:07 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• People who are married have a problem & I'll tell u what it is. When we are dating someone, we want to impress them & do everything they like (physically... whether it be staying fit, dressing up, etc.) but once they get married they say 'i don't care what my spouse wants/says'. Both spouses should care. Wonder why the fire doesn't light up anymore? I'm not saying to do something you don't like but meet somewhere in between. You said your hair is no longer frizzy... so you can afford to let it grow and be able to live with it. You will still look beautiful and you will keep your hubby happy. :-)
    girlletmetellu

Answer by girlletmetellu at 9:15 PM on Jan. 1, 2009