How many SAHMs here have a Home Business or are looking for a home biz?

I have a corporate job but also have a great home business. My goal is to replace my current income so I can be at home with my son.

Just curious how many moms here stay at home and have businesses as well and how many are looking for a home biz.

Asked by sandymcu at 7:40 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Money & Work

• My husband and I own our own business. We are trying to figure out how to make a little extra money so that I can quit my job once the baby is born. In this tough economy there is still ways to make money it is just a little harder and you have to go after it twice as hard. Just curious what is your home business?? My husband works with the bank and all the foreclosed homes out here in the Phoenix area, landscape installation, and yard maintenance, and rehabbing homes for investors.

Answer by JD08 at 7:45 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I have a home

Answer by islanddiva at 7:53 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Have have had my own business for 3 years. This is with a company that is debt free and has been in business for 38 years.
    Please check it out....

Answer by organize4free at 8:13 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I have a home business with Ameriplan. I have been with them since July. Although I also have a DH that pays the bills. I will hopefully be earning enough this summer to allow him to quit his job and come home with us. I also have benefits, AD&D insurance and 401K with the company. An average income for those that stick it out just 2-4 years is in the 6 figure range. The company itself is 16 years old and debt free!! Currently there are more than 2.2 million happy customers and that number can only grow as our provider network does. Listen to a complete overview by calling 616-712-1741. The presentation is only 10 mins long and well worth it. My website is

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:40 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I'm with and love what I'm doing!

Answer by TeaAnderson at 9:36 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I work from home with Work at Home United.  A great team partnered with an Inc. 500.

we rock

Answer by mrssfoster at 10:11 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I have a home business with Ameriplan. Making the decision to start my business with Ameriplan was one of the best decisions I have ever made! I am so excited to see what 2009 will bring for my business and my awesome team! This is going to be the year I start seeing my dreams come true! Game on!!!

Answer by sassyhettel at 11:40 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I am looking for one but don't want to sell anything or pay a start up fee...

Answer by mamaA4 at 12:57 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I have a home business changing person at a time.

Answer by livewell4me at 6:43 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I have a home business. I had a good salary when I worked a job an I'm half way to replacing that salary. I've been in business for almost two years. The amount of time it takes to replace your salary depends on how much time and effort you are able to put in and how much money you currently make. We all have different things on our plate, so it takes time. Just have sticktoitness and it should pay off. I believe I will be making much more than what I made after working jobs for 20 years.

Answer by bizlady at 9:15 AM on Jan. 2, 2009