Pay it forward

We went to Starbucks last night before they closed and I went to get my card out to pay and the lady said "Oh your drink is paid for...I forgot I was waiting for the next person to come along...the person in the car ahead of you paid" I don't get a lot of nice things to happen to me so I was pretty excited. Then she said that on Christmas Eve they kept it going for 7 hours the car in front paid for the drink behind them. I thought that was so cool, especially in the tough economic times. What's the nicest thing someone you know or a stranger has done for you?

britni11

Asked by britni11 at 7:45 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• The day before Christmas Eve I was in the grocery store and had my youngest with me(8mos) in her mei tai(baby carrier). My cart was overflowing and the store was packed! My daughter was sleeping, I was in a great mood (love shopping despite all the craziness!) and was putting my groceries on the thingy. A man wearing a store shirt came over and helped me unload the cart and then called on his radio for someone to come and help me out to the car. I've done this several times and manage very well but to have the help was a very pleasant surprise! The cashier told me that it was the owner of the store.
    The day before that I got stuck in the snow and 2 guys in vans from a cable company stopped to help me out.
    I do nice things for people too, hold doors, pick up things they dropped and I've also paid for the car behind me at the drive thru.
    Have a great day everyone!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 9:25 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Hmmm, nothing. I do nice stuff all the time that ppl dont know about. I found someone's birth certificate & personal paper stashed in a drawers at a hotel I stayed at last yr. I mailed them back to her. I've put money in parking meters. Few days ago my husband found some old photos someone left in a used book he bought. The lady's name was on the back. I looked her up on the computer & mailed them back to her yesterday (they were graduation photos & such). Nobody ever does nice stuff for me. I guess I could get jaded& just stop doing random stuff but i dont.
    Anonymous

• A person that stopped and gave me a ride to the gas station and waited for me to get it and gave me a ride back to my car.A person I didn't know but she knew my children attended the same school as hers.And another lady gave me a nice tin of coffee just before Christmas when i was waiting at the bus stop with my kids.I didn't know what to say and was totally surprised.
    Anonymous

• held the door. seriously. I hate it when I'm juggling a cart in the snow, my 14 month old, my purse, my coffee . . . and someone sees me walking and struggling and they just keep walking. When someone offers to hold the door, or hold my coffee just till we get inside, I am forever grateful.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 8:05 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• That's awesome! =) Let's see...one time a friend here on cafemom offered to buy some baby tylenol and bring it to me for my teething son. He had a fever and I was broke at the time. I didn't take her up on it because he got to feeling better, but it was still incredibly nice considering everyone else was bashing me about it.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 8:08 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• i found some dogs that ended up on my farm and the owners live 20 miles from me and the dogs were missing for 2 weeks and hubby bring things to me from places when he is on the road and thats only because i am always busy and he wants to cheer me up
    Anonymous

• Krystal, I remember that post about your teething son and not having any money. I think it was back in October. I'm glad he's feeling better. Teething babies are hard.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 9:59 PM on Jan. 1, 2009