• In the Spotlight:

food process or blender

I want to make baby food but long term have wanted either, I do cook but not alot nor for big family usually me or 2. I am learning to cook and freeze. I have no prob chopping own food, but do want to make pesto, salsa, quac, smooth soups, healthy drinks. I've seen cooks use both. I'm just not sure which I need most. I do have hand held that I've rarely used and have had for years.

babygirl821

Asked by babygirl821 at 7:46 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I just got a small processor. I didn't want a big one but I saw this and asked for it for Christmas. It is divine! I tried making hummus in the blender and is was chunky and I had to keep getting it off the sides in the bottom. The blender is ok for drinks but the shape make it hard to do sticky things without difficulty keeping it out of the bottom. My daughter and I are giddy over this thing! She chopped, I shredded cheese, slices in seconds. Unbelievable as a time saver! Go for the processor first and see how it works!
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 8:37 AM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I use a blender to make my pesto sauces however I really like my food processor. I guess it just is a matter of what your budget is. Considering you don't need a large processor for small meals I bet you could go to Walmart and buy both for $20. Happy Cooking!
    busybee68

Answer by busybee68 at 8:25 PM on Jan. 1, 2009