long distance relationships?

my husband just took a job 4 hrs from me and being kids are in school my lease isnt up and no house where he works yet we have to be apart. im nervous about being apart not so much for me but for my kids they are 6, 4 and 1. is it going to be as hard as i think? we want to be totally moved by mid june being school gets out may 20. i hope time goes fast anyone been there?

bonnie-jo

Asked by bonnie-jo at 7:48 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• yep. my dad took a job 2 hours away from our house and we ended up moving to where the job was, but in the mean time, we drove up every weekend and spent time at his temp apartment. he worked long hours anyway so it wasnt too different. hardest part was the leaving friends. we were excited about our new house so it was worth it. You could get a calendar and make a big deal about crossing off days until you move.
    m4m4

Answer by m4m4 at 8:12 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• hon you'll be fine. As long as dad calls the kids, writes them and stuff-sure they will be sad but it is a really short time. do u guys have web cams? think about it as they are worth the money to stay in touch.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 7:50 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• That would be hard. LOL, I'd probably break my lease and move or make him stay close. BUT, you can try webcams,email,phone calls,etc.
    Anonymous

• he plans on coming down on his days off to visit
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 8:16 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• My hubby works out of town often for long periods of time. What he does is come home on weekends when it's only a couple hundred miles, and when it's further he comes home every two weeks or if it's in the summer time we go to him (because of school). The hardest part for us is the readjusting once he's back home every day again. Not that I'm not happy that he's home but the kids have missed having him home so they want to stay up later to be with him, want to put off homework etc and it just throws off our schedule.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 8:53 PM on Jan. 1, 2009