I want to loose about 40 lbs in a month but idon't know how?

I am very stressed and i have not much time to do exercise due to such busy schedule. Maybe anyone can help me or give me an advise that can ease my way through weight loss...... Thanks

zorylaineperez

Asked by zorylaineperez at 7:51 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• 40lbs in a month is way too much and unrealistic.there are ways to do it, but I don't want to be responsible for the damage to your body. That kinda loss effects kidneys, heart and other major organs. Call a nutritionalist hon and do it the healthy way.please?
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 7:54 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• You can't lose that much in a month. Unless you have a leg cut off.

Shoot for losing what you CAN. Don't even think about an amount. Weight Watchers has a really good program that can help.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:57 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• 40 pounds is not attainable; you need to set more realistic goals.
    Anonymous

• i think the healthist way is 1-2lbs/week, anymore than that is going to do serious damage to you
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 8:01 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• If you lose more than 1-2 lbs a week you are losing lean tissue, not fat, and that is very unhealthy.

Answer by Bmat at 8:10 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I don't think it can be done -- unless you just go on a "water" diet or something ridiculous like that.

Several years ago I was going through a rough time & was very depressed. Some people eat when they're depressed... I'm the opposite --- I can't eat. During that time I was eating VERY little (I'd throw up if I ate like normal -- NOT FORCING MYSELF, just to be clear... completely involuntary) and I lost about 40 lbs in about 3 months.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 8:26 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• 40lbs in a month would be 10lbs per week, and well over 1lb per day. That isn't possible. When you start a weight loss program you will lose more quickly at first (shedding water weight, etc) and typically the first week or two of a weight loss and exercise program you may lose up to 3-4lbs per week (this usually does not occur for more than 2-3 weeks). After that initial few weeks your weight loss should taper off. A "good" weight loss rate is 1-2lbs per week, however even 1/2 of a pound per week is nothing to be brushed off.

If you do not have time to exercise at a gym or similar, I would suggest taking the kids for a walk. Even if you increase your activity level by walking for 30min 3 times per week that will speed up your weight loss. Increase your water intake, and reduce your caffine intake. If you need help with a diet plan I would suggest joining Weight Watchers or Jenny Craig.
    Anonymous

• 40 pounds is overly ambitious. 20 pounds is doable though especially if your diet right now is really poor and if you are currently totally sedentary. Just eating right and excercising could put you at the 20 pound mark in your first month. Just try for 15-20 and if you go over, great! Keep this in mind: I heard that every 6 pounds of fat is equal to the volume size of a gallon jug of milk. If you lose 12 pounds, that's 2 milk jugs off your body!!! I think that's a more motivating way of thinking about it than numbers on a scale. Good luck and be healthy!
    laadeedah

Answer by laadeedah at 11:36 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• P.S. I've heard weight watchers IS really good.
    laadeedah

Answer by laadeedah at 11:37 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• IMPOSSIBLE You should start at 4-8 in a month. Anything more than that and you could have serious health risks. Join Mommies Who Love Fitness on Cafemom, and we'll help motivate you, okay Mama?
    averillholistix

Answer by averillholistix at 12:11 AM on Jan. 2, 2009