My son is 5 months old and his DR. said he should be rolling over by now. Hes rolled over a few times but hasnt made a haabit out of it. Is this bad? What do I do to help him roll over??

MissMamaAshley

Asked by MissMamaAshley at 7:54 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• DD didn't roll over regularly until she was almost 6 months. Don't stress it. Babies *usually* roll over between 4 and 6 months. No, it's not bad. Your baby will develop in his own time :~) When he does roll over, you can smile and clap and say, "Good job!" Don't yell or act over excited, because some babies get scared and won't want to "perform" again.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 8:11 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• He has rolled over a few times. He's rolling. He's fine.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:19 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• my sons 5 mon as well and doesnt roll over. hes done it like 4 or 5 times. my daughter was the same way. one day he will rigure it out and will do it nonstop after that. no need to worrie at all
    marissad

Answer by marissad at 8:27 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• He is fine. If you want to encourage rolling, put him on his back and put a toy just out of his reach to his side. Gently push him up into a rolling motion but not all the way over. Or even push him up onto his side and let him finish the motion to get closer to the toy. He'll roll over when he is ready. :)

Answer by Bmat at 8:28 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I wouldn't worry...babies grow and develop at their own pace and because he's already done it is a good sign. My son first rolled over a little over 2 mos and it was back to front then he stopped and didn't do it again until just after 3 mos. He's only rolled over from tummy to back a couple times and he should have learned that first. Now he's 4 mos an still doesn't roll from tummy to back but the docs said its harder for them to do it the other way around so I'm not worried.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 8:51 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• My baby girl is 4 months. She rolled over once about a month ago and could care a less now. She has been starting to alittle more. give her more floor time and just kind of pull her little hand over. That's what I do. put a toy in front of her and make a game out of it. if you're worried. I wouldn't worry. In time she'll do it. Then she won't stop:)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 9:41 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Don't worry about it, babies always do things in their own time (my son wouldn't crawl because he wanted to try to walk). If you would like to show the baby to roll you can get on the ground and roll around to show the baby how and even roll the baby around making a game of it and he will get used to the motion. Sometimes babies know how to do something and wont just because they do feel like it, it is normal and nothing to worry about.
    4Nalon

Answer by 4Nalon at 9:53 PM on Jan. 1, 2009