any thoughts on a online relationship, that is long distance? Anyone have any advice?

a online relationship for 2 months, he is supposed to be comming over at the end of the third month, he seems so nice and up front, but i seen to be doing most of the getting in touch.

gigglyb

Asked by gigglyb at 8:05 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• hmmm, i'd make him do some of the work. it could be a sign about how the actual in person relationship would go. noone should have to do 100% of the work.
    m4m4

Answer by m4m4 at 8:09 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• If you are doing most of the getting in touch, I would drop it. I also wouldnt trust meeting someone online or having them long distance, it would be too much for me.
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 8:16 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I would say long distance online doesn't work. If you meet online and live close to eachother that's one thing. I hope your kids won't be home when he comes either. Please be careful!!!
    Anonymous

• I met my husband by him dialing a wrong phone number, he was in Mass. I am in Texas....we talked on the phone for 2&1/2 moths, met halfway and came back to Texas and got married 2 weeks later, our 5th anniversary will be May 1, we are still going strong, happy as ever, so it can work, but I will tell you, we both were equal, maybe even more so on HIS side in the contact, we spoke EVERY night..do you talk on the phone at all? can you contact him in any other way besides online? you need to make sure he is for real before you sink your heart into this. I talked to Manny's mom and his daughter several times before we met, and I had all his contact info, including address, work address, and so on...please be careful and meet him in a public place..and good luck!
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 8:28 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Be very careful with dating online. Is he coming to stay over your house? With all the lunatics out there I would go to public places and let him stay in a hotel. I would back off a little bit and see how often he contacts you. If you see he doesn't put much effort, then let it go. You could be using that time to find someone else. :-)
    girlletmetellu

Answer by girlletmetellu at 8:49 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• 9 times out of 10 they dont work. my dh and i met on myspace i wasnt looking he just found me. and we emailed talked text everyday. he lived 2 hours away so he came over as much as he could. so if you are doing most of the work why bother?
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 9:16 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I just gave up an online 1 month old relationship. He seemed nice in the beginning, but started getting demanding and accusatory. I have standards that I won't erase just to have a boyfriend. My standards are: I won't allow anyone to come to my home. (I have children and feel my home is our safe place and I refuse to allow it to be jeopardized in any way). I won't send dirty pictures. I don't give out my home phone number. I won't allow myself to be emotionally, mentally, spiritually or physically abused. I won't be pressured to have sex. My greatest asset is to be myself, accept me or leave.

True love never dies. My ex and I are separated and live in different states but talk almost everyday. We have a wonderful long distance relationship that I have yet to experience elsewhere.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 9:28 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• First off...I really like Ewadun's standards!! My husband and I are the result of an online relation ship. He lived in Pheonix and I lived in Las Vegas (5 hour drive). I had dated several others before him. It can work, but it takes two. Stop contacting him for a while and see what happens. I talked to my husband everyday. We talked for several months before we just lost contact (I started dating someone here in Vegas.) While I was contemplating breaking up with this guy...my husband miraculously showed up online! To me it was a sign. We again talked for about 2 months before meeting in person. Then I took him out of his element and had him meet me in a different city 2 hours away from where he was. We met at a restaurant and stayed in public view. We have been married for 3 years with an 18 month old. Good luck! And please be careful.
    TheDragn01

Answer by TheDragn01 at 11:13 PM on Jan. 1, 2009