Best and cheapest cell phone plan?

My son (he's 15) and I need the best available plan, he loves to txt his friends-any suggestions on the best carrier , plan and phone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:26 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Make sure you do something with unlimited texting... I went over on my texting limit once and racked up about 400 extra on my bill! I go through alltel... I have free nights and weekends, my circle (pick 5 people you talk to without using minutes), I believe I have free mobile to mobile, I think I have 700 anytime minutes, and then I have all access where I can send and receive as many text and picture text as I want and I can also access the Internet off my phone. I pay 82 a month. Oh and I have insurance on my phone to (that's 6 dollars of the 82 I pay).
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 8:32 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• we have Alltel too...get the unlimited text for sure because my daughter says that's what they mostly use...she hardly used her minutes but had like 1900 text messages..she has a Blackberry..the plan's a little higher
    Jan40

Answer by Jan40 at 12:20 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I would go with either Metro PC or Cricket if they are available in your area, it costs $50 a month and he will have unlimited everything.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 12:28 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• My daughter has Cricket. Costs us $60.00 a month for unlimited everything and insurance. Susan262
    Susan262

Answer by Susan262 at 5:42 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• My phone bill for me AND my husband is 99 bucks.. We have t mobile..We have 700 anytime min(unlimited night and weekend)-We get to choose 5 people we talk to the most for free.then unlimited texting..Its been great :)
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 8:34 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• My daughter has Revol and while she's not happy with the phone (no bells and whistles) she can text and call anyone anytime and it's one price. I like it because she pays for it. She had a Tracfone for a long time and it was a pain because sometimes I was buying minutes every week and it got to be too much money!!
    mars33me

Answer by mars33me at 9:50 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I like verizon because of the reception. For twenty dollars a month, my daughter gets her phone and unlimited texting. She pays for the extra five dollars for unlimited texts. She was running over 250 per month! That's how teens communicate though so I let her have it.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 10:10 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• my kids have metro pcs and they have unlimited everything. i pay for 2 phones with insurance 108.
    vova

Answer by vova at 12:22 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• We have AT&T family plan with free mobile to mobile, unlimited nights and weekends and unlimited texting. When we first added texting I went for the 200 a month, but once teen friends find out they have it you cannot control the incoming texts and go waaay over so the extra on unlimited saves you alot in the long run.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 1:27 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• CENTENNIAL WIRELESS.

if there is one there.

I have unlimited text, free incoming calls and texts, voicemail, call waiting, caller ID and it's probably between $55-$65 bucks a month.
    etiheidas

Answer by etiheidas at 5:27 PM on Jan. 2, 2009