Massage During Pregnancy

Hi im in my 2 trimester and was wondering if i was able to get a massage during this time. i'm so scared it will make me go into labor. your input would be great!! Thanks a lot!!

WantBabySoon12

Asked by WantBabySoon12 at 8:27 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i think i was in my 2nd trimester also. you cant be in yoru 3rd tho
    vadasmom

Answer by vadasmom at 8:33 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Just make sure you let the person know you are pregnant. I had one done and they focused on my back and legs and didn't mess with my tummy. It is safe because they actually have "pregnancy massages" and they give you a pillow so they can massage you while your laying on your side and you don't have to lay on your tummy. Have fun!
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 8:34 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I went to someone who specialized in prenatal message. She had a special table and pillows. In my second trimester I went about every 2 weeks with my drs permission. It was wonderful and I'm so glad I did because lord knows I dont have time now that he's here.LOL Enjoy and relax, while you can.
    ZakZaksmom

Answer by ZakZaksmom at 8:52 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• You can get a prenatal massage. They will usually have you lay on your side, and sometimes have a special table that can accommodate your tummy, as well as pillows so you can get comfy. As long as your doc gives you the okay (nothing has been complicated), you're good to go.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:22 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• My Husband is a massage therapist, it's safe throughout your pregnancy as long as your are not high risk. Even in your third trimester it is safe. Make sure you get someone who knows what they are doing. Don't do deep tissue massage and drink water afterwards to flush the toxins released when being massaged
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 9:31 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• From what I have heard from my doctor, you can get a massage anywhere. You do have to mention that you are pregnant so that they know what not to do/what to do. Or, to be on the safer side, you could go to a place where they specialize in prenatal massages. It's up to you hun.
    moms1stprincess

Answer by moms1stprincess at 10:41 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Thank you everyone you really helped!!! I was just worried because i didn't want it to harm anything. oh yeah by thr way.HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
    WantBabySoon12

Answer by WantBabySoon12 at 12:11 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• If massage could make women go into labor it would be used for abortion. It does not. There are things to watch out for, like making sure the LMT is licensed. Make sure they are trained in Pre-Post natal massage, but more importantly that they are certified. Not all therapists in each state require such a certification. It's an added security. There are specific points at the top of the shoulders pressing to the toes, parts of the ankle/foot reflexology reproduction points, and the web of the thumb to be avoided with deep pressure, but that pressure is done with intent. If you are with a therapist and they are working you your not going to go into labor, if it worked that easy, women wanting labor to hurry up already would be lined up out the door. Get it? Your safe. Now go relax and get a yummy massage. Pregnancy Massage link.

massagegiftmom

Answer by massagegiftmom at 2:37 PM on Apr. 26, 2009