I need some ideas ladies!

We are finally getting our own place with our tax return! I'm so excited! I finally get to fix up a room just for my son! He is 13 months old now and I'm not too sure what to do his room in. Any ideas?

Krystal.Ingalls

Asked by Krystal.Ingalls at 8:30 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Pick a theme... are you football people... or hunting people... or animal people... ???
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 8:34 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• What is HE interested in? If he doesn't have anything that jumps out at you just yet then why not go with primary colors that you can use to customize as he gets older? I did my son's in a transportation theme and he's turned out to be a nut about animals and fish. When we move and he can have his own room again, I'll re-do it but until then he and his brother get cars, planes and trains. lol
    blogginmomma

Answer by blogginmomma at 8:37 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• He likes anything with wheels. lol! It looks like he's going to be a car nut like his dad. Any ideas where I can get some cute (and CHEAP) things for a car and truck based room?
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 8:44 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• our son is 18 months old tomorrow and his room is "done" with animals (lion, giraffe) and he has a very fun colors fishy bathroom. our son loves cars too!
    m4m4

Answer by m4m4 at 9:35 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I found a room I'm absolutely love! I have no idea where I'm going to get things to do it with though. Here's the room. Let me know what you think!

http://projectnursery.com/2008/07/get-inspired-playtime-for-baby-beyond/
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 9:56 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Do you have an Ikea? They sell alot of stuff that looks like that for good prices. I love that places. Good luck on the move and giving your little man an awesome room.
    luchousdiva

Answer by luchousdiva at 10:35 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• We don't have an Ikea around here =( But, maybe they have a website?
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 10:48 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I would choose colors that are long-lasting that he can grow with. Then select a theme that he likes and buy the sheets, comforter, curtains, pillow, and area rug in that theme. Next, I would try to find a stick-on, non-permanent border or wall decorations (all of which can be peeled off in the future without damaging the walls) and place them at his level where he can see them, especially the border because the ceiling level is too high.
    Best wishes!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:02 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Just checked your website link. It's cute and colorful! You can make a lot of those things yourself as simple projects much cheaper than buying them. Also, go to dollar stores and discount stores like Kmart for inexpensive items that you can paint (like the photo frames). You can also find bookshelves on freecycle.com or on craigslist or in your local thrift store. For longevity, try finding a furniture store that sells unfinished wood furniture so you can stain or paint the bookshelves yourself - solid wood lasts for years and years.
    Have fun!!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:05 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Thanks mama's! I will definitely be hitting up the dollar stores! =)
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 1:19 PM on Jan. 2, 2009