Thoughts on becoming an egg donor?

Right now i have a 3 month old, and i am currently not working. I need some extra cash...also, i have thought about donating eggs before....has anyone done it or have advice?

JulesMommy1008

Asked by JulesMommy1008 at 8:38 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Health

• I didn't even know you could do that....I dunno what I would do...you want to help someone out who wants a baby and can't for some reason have one. Plus its extra cash...BUT that means that you would biologically have a baby floating around out there somewhere.....I wouldn't but that's just my opinion
    luvsgriffin

Answer by luvsgriffin at 8:50 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I wouldn't. You would be constantly wondering if you had a child out there... because biologically.. they would be yours.

rainfalls

Answer by rainfalls at 9:22 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I have heard of it and I say if you want to then go ahead. You are helping another couple or someone who is just single and longing to be a mother. What a wonderful thing to do.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:57 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I've thought about it also, but then I got to thinking how much all 4 of my kids look a like and that there would be a child somewhere out in the world that looked like my kids...I just couldn' do it. 

I didn't know you could get paid for it? Just out of curiosity, how much do you get paid for it?

TammyG.

Answer by TammyG. at 10:03 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I thought about this too. It all depends on where you live they have different price ranges but i know its within the thousands. The only thing that creeped me out was injecting myself with hormones and how they take the eggs out and the possible risk or infection. I would hate to have an infection down there. I cant imagine not being able to have children, so to help another couple would be rewarding enough for me. Plus the cash is a bonus too.
    Krystle21

Answer by Krystle21 at 8:32 PM on Jan. 2, 2009