Can i make myself go into labor at 37 weeks?

I was told lots of sex and walking..does that really work?

india11

Asked by india11 at 4:17 PM on Sep. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Why do you want to? the baby isn't ready to be born yet. it needs the three more weeks to develop... be patient
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 4:18 PM on Sep. 19, 2011

• Have sex, walk, do housework, be active, but that baby will only come when that baby is good and ready.

Just because you are uncomfortable doesn't mean you should try to go early.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:22 PM on Sep. 19, 2011

• Sure, walking helps, housework helps, nesting helps, cooking helps and anything that keeps you busy helps... pass the time until your baby is ready to be born!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:21 PM on Sep. 19, 2011

• Congratulations!! You're the first woman to ever be uncomfortable during the last weeks of pregnancy!!

If there were ANY way to go into labor naturally every woman would know about it and women would be popping babies out at 34-37 weeks left and right. Sit tight, let nature run it's course. Baby will trigger the onset of labor when she is ready to be born. Try to enjoy your last few nights of quiet, take a relaxing bath and go in for a nice massage. hang in there- baby will come soon enough:)
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 5:37 PM on Sep. 19, 2011

• why not carry three more weeks...?
    sounds selfish.
    MsSelfDestruct

Answer by MsSelfDestruct at 4:30 PM on Sep. 19, 2011

• Caster oil can make you very ill and cause more complications than labor. Don't use it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on Sep. 19, 2011

• No lots of sex and waling does not help. Baby will come when baby is ready and anyone who says that they went into labor during sex or because they were walking is just coincidence. Its like me saying that sleep made me go into labor because I was sleeping when contractions started or eating MDs caused me to go into labor because thats what I ate before bed. OOO how bout this one, reading a book made me go into labor with my daughter because thats exactly what I was doing when my water broke at home on my couch. So I guess for me its reading, eating MDs and sleep that make me go into labor or it could be just as simple as baby was ready to come out into the world.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:45 PM on Sep. 19, 2011

• Heartshape... 'Term' does not mean 'Ready to be born'.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:37 PM on Sep. 19, 2011

• Castor Oil can cause diarrhea in you AND the baby and can cause the baby to poop inutero - NOT GOOD and potentially deadly to the baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:39 PM on Sep. 19, 2011

• I'd wait until 38 weeks because if you have contractions in ur 37th week the doctor is most likely going to give u something to stop the contractions. In Lamaz class the instructor said that nipple stimulation can cause contractions and yes, sex can help. on your 38th week have your partner or yourself play with your nipples and stimulate them. I've also found some pressure points to also start contractions on youtube. I hope this helped. oh and dn't drink castor oil.
    Victoria.Loved

Answer by Victoria.Loved at 4:50 PM on Sep. 19, 2011