Any Mirena users?

I've been debating birth control methods. I'm partially breastfeeding and have tried the generic Micronol. Sadly, it made me bleed like it was the period from hell. Mirena sounds like it might be perfect for me, but I'm a bit scared. Does anyone use this method? Does it hurt, (any part of it, i.e. insertion)? Is there a chance of it coming out by itself? Any info on actual experience would be appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:51 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i had it for 3 yrs, yes it hurts to get in and out, really hurts! but i didnt have it fall out, dh could feel it and hated it at first, got pregs one month after having it out, due in april! i loved it but getting a tubal with my second c.... this time.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:01 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I use Mirena. I've had it for six months now. It hurt to get it inserted, but just for a second and it was over. I love it. It is the most effective birth control percentage-wise, so I'm not worried about being the one person out of 10,000 to get pregnant using it.

Also, I don't get my period and that is awesome
    tinykelsie

Answer by tinykelsie at 9:13 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I have my second one in now. I had no problems with taking the old one out, or putting this one in, but the first one hurt to put in. I exclusively breast feed, and I haven't had any problems with milk or supply or anything. I also got pregnant the first month the old one was out.
    I am spotting (it's been about 3 months since it went in), and it's annoying, but it's pretty light, and I'm really hoping it goes away soon.
    It's actually more effective than getting a tubal ligation, which is pretty darn good to me! It's also nice not having to worry about taking a pill every night, and of course, it doesn't interfere with our sex life.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:19 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I had it in for 6 months.. I had the worst pain imaginable! It didn't work for me.. I wish it had! I had taking birth control pills :(.

I would definitely try it!
    rainfalls

Answer by rainfalls at 9:21 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I had Merina for a few months. It hurt when inserted and I had cramping for a few days. When I had it removed it did not hurt as bad as it did when they put it in, my periods completely stopped. I personally had issues with cramping and acne and that's why I had it removed. Do a lot of research on Merina before having it placed, not just from other peoples experiences(but intense research). Good luck with everything.

vroberts3677

Answer by vroberts3677 at 9:27 PM on Jan. 1, 2009