baby oil

Does anyone actually rub baby oil daily/nightly? Does it really help baby's skin?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I never have....just baby lotion
    luvsgriffin

Answer by luvsgriffin at 8:55 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• no but I use baby lotion after EVERY bath and my son developed eczema...which I hope is misdiagnosed by a doc because I don't want him to have eczema! I didn't like the greasy feeling of baby oil
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 9:02 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I never put anything on any of my kids.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:15 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• The onlu thing I used baby oil for was to loosen cradle cap on my first.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:18 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• During the summer I use baby lotion or sometimes nothing but during the winter the air gets so dry that I use baby oil gel on my baby after every bath and before bed to prevent his skin from getting dry.
    wainne

Answer by wainne at 9:53 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• My daughter gets a bath every night as part of her evening routine. I grew up using baby oil in the bath and as I got older using it in the shower, a habit I learned from my mother, so we do the same for my daughter. Baby oil in the bath, baby lotion for her baby massage.
    KeirasMommy0708

Answer by KeirasMommy0708 at 10:41 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I never used it.
    For cradle cap I used olive oil and a baby's comb.
    For soft skin, I would use baby lotion in the winter and nothing extra in the summer - the baby bath was enough.

I saw on a baby show once that a grandmother told her daughter to rub baby oil all over her baby for the first week. I don't know if it was a cultural thing or if it helped with bathing or if their skin tended to dry out, but I had never heard of it before and I'm curious about it.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:50 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• i only use lotion occasionally and the only one i have used is johnsons nighttime before he goes to bed. i was told that too much oiul or lotion will actually make the babies skin break out or dry it out. its not good for you to use it every day.
    ctsassy

Answer by ctsassy at 12:34 AM on Jan. 4, 2009