How do i deal with baby mama drama???

my husband and i have been together for four years, and well his baby mama and i have never really gotten along. But recently she has been starting more and more drama over the dumbest thing possible!!! (clothes,schedules, ME) Its just getting harder and harder to handle, because he never says anything to her!! He just lets her treat him like crap and I get sick of seeing and hearing it! I want to keep the peace with her...and yet I dont know how to any more.

youngstep_87

Asked by youngstep_87 at 9:03 PM on Jan. 1, 2009 in General Parenting

• You HAVE to talk to both of them!! Your man needs to step up and defend you. And his ex has to respect you.
    Maybe have a little meeting try to invite her and see what her problem is...
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 9:38 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• when you find out let me know. my husband's ex is absolutely crazy and obsessed with him and pulls stupid stuff all the time.i wish they would just worry about the kids and move on with their lives. good luck to you
    maemaesmom

Answer by maemaesmom at 9:43 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• you should have a talk to your man about this, explain to him that you and him are a team and when she puts him down its a blow to both of you. especially if she does it in front of the kids, and he should be able to explain that to her, theres no reason why everyone cant be nice to eachother.
    mudgirl

Answer by mudgirl at 12:30 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• So don't listen. You have control over your kingdom. Your house and domain. If you do not want to hear it then don't engage in it. Ask/tell your spouse that you just want peace. If he has a problem with the chic then he needs to work it out with her....he is talking to the wrong woman. If she has a problem with you then she needs to direct it back to her ex. That simple. Don't be around when she picks up her child, get caller I.D. and don't answer the phone for her to talk or yell at you. So what if she has problems about clothes, you, or the world? You don't have to care about her petty concerns. Go about your business and the man deal with the consequences of his actions. This is the woman he chose to have a relationship with, have sex with, and had a child by. Let him do all the responsibility bearing. You take care of what does belong to you. Her bitching and moaning is not yours to own.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 12:40 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• He is trying to keep the peace. You want to be with him suck it up. She is the mother of his child and she is not going anywhere and he does not want to do anything that might jeopardizing seeing his child. The child is more important than you frankly. Don't let her see she gets to you. Let him deal with her completely and stay out of it. If he rants about her tell him he can fix it by talking to her or standing up to her and let him know you don't want to hear about it if he won't. This is his problem and you will only push him away if you stick your nose where it does not belong.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:50 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Instead of him dealing with her, you shoud. They have no reason to talk unless it's an emergency.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Ok im being devils advocate here....i have had to deal with several of my exs girlfriends and as far as im consirned other then life threatning things, medcations or behavioral issues.......im sorry to say but you need to stay out of it. This is not your child and you are not the controling parent here. Yes i agree that you are involved and need to know things but when a decsion is made you need to go with the flow as long as the child is not in danger. Granted i have delt with a few crazy women that didnt have children of there own screaming in the background as we were decussing things on the phone,women that were buying inaproperate clothing for my children, and yelling at my adhd child and calling him stupid and a waiste of money, so im a little biased on this. I know that its not fair but try not to make it harder on SO then nessacary. Remember he loves both you and the children.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Jan. 2, 2010